|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Bio Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Innate Toxin damage.
- Fast reloading speed.
- High rate of fire.
- Perfect accuracy.
- Decent ammo efficiency due to the damage over time effect.
- No recoil.
- Can use the Acrid-exclusive Toxic Sequence mod.
- Needles have a travel time.
- Delay and small size of the needles can make it difficult to hit moving targets at a distance.
- Damage cannot be increased with Slash, Impact or Puncture mods.
- May take time to completely kill enemies, if relying on DoT.
- DoT is only affected by base damage and Toxin damage (adding elemental damage besides Toxin will not increase it)
- Toxin damage deals less damage to Robotics, Machinery and Fossilized.
- Low critical chance.
- See Category:Acrid Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Acrid Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- A tiny Grineer emblem is visible on both sides of the weapon's receiver.
- As of a recent update, the Acrid is no longer silent. It appears to be actually quite loud in game terms. This can still be countered by using the Suppress mod.
- The Acrid leaves a stackable damage-over-time (DoT) effect due to its Toxin proc, which ticks 9 times over 9 seconds. Each tick deals Toxin damage.
- Enemies disintegrate when killed, similar to Saryn's Miasma. This effect is unique to the Acrid and is not shared with other Toxin weapons like the Torid or the Embolist.
- As of Update 10.3, the toxin mixture in the barrel is affected by the Acrid's energy color, and the tiny explosion effect on needle impact. Note that the explosion effect is purely cosmetic.
- As of Update 11.3, the Toxin effect's DoT scales with the Acrid's base damage, including toxin damage mods. For example, Pathogen Rounds, Hornet Strike, Magnum Force, and Faction Damage Mods directly affect the DoT. Damage per tick is 50% of this base damage.
- Even if the weapon is modded to no longer deal Toxin damage on-hit, toxin mods like Pathogen Rounds still increase the damage of the Toxin DoT.
- Considering its accuracy and effectiveness, slotting a Pistol Ammo Mutation won't be necessary unless you're playing long sessions of Survival or Defense.
- Despite its incredibly high base accuracy the Acrid's accuracy value is heavily degraded by Magnum Force well beyond what the mod's penalty would suggest, making the weapon highly inaccurate as a result.
- To clarify on how the weapon proc works: the weapon will proc toxin on every single shot, even if another elemental status procs. So if you mod the weapon to deal only corrosive damage using an electricity mod, the weapon will proc toxin on every shot, and have a chance for corrosive procs. The proc chance listed on the weapon is actually for any other elemental damage that is created by the weapon. It cannot proc toxin twice with one shot.
- Semi-automatic firing can be countered by simply adding an alternative way of firing on 'scroll up' or 'scroll down' through the key binding customization.
- Getting headshots will not only double the damage of the weapon, but double the resulting damage ticks as well.
- Toxic Sequence can cause proc length to triple; stacking shots quickly on enemies will cause their health to quickly succumb to thousands of damage a second, with players able to stack many shots at once before the first damage tick expires.
- Before Update 10.0, equipping Saryn, Mire, Torid and Acrid would give you the only loadout consisting solely of toxin-based attacks.
- As of Update 15.5 the Acrid is physically the largest handgun in Warframe.
- One definition for "acrid" is "sharp and harsh or unpleasantly pungent in taste or odor", likely owing to the gun's toxin-based damage.
- The Acrid has written in Grineer near the barrel, this translates to "Obey".
- The Acrid also has written in Grineer near the bottom of the weapon, this translates to "Rot".
- Inside of a Chem Lab, a holographic Acrid can be seen, similar to many other Grineer weapons.
- The Acrid is the only non-Infested weapon available via the Bio Lab.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|