The Akzani are rapid fire auto pistols that rely on deep magazines to fuel it's high projectile count per second. While they deal low damage per bullet, they sport a larger ammo reserve than other similar pistols which can help relieve ammo inefficiency. They are the preferred pistols of Mirage.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 20,000|
This weapon primarily deals Puncture damage.
- High fire rate.
- High Puncture damage makes it most effective against Grineer.
- Second highest magazine size of pistols along with Dual Cestra and Dex Furis, only outmatched by Twin Grakatas at 120
- A polarity slot.
- Increased maximum ammunition pool of 400 without mods.
- Very inefficient ammo economy.
- Low damage per bullet.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- Inaccurate at long range.
- Low Impact and Slash damage, less effective against shields and flesh.
- See Category:Akzani Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Akzani Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Currently the Akzani holds the distinction of having the third largest reserve ammo capacity of all secondary weapons, having 400 rounds of ammo compared to the usual 210 for secondaries (only beaten by the Synoid Gammacor, with 450, and the Twin Grakatas, with 1200). With a maxed rank Trick Mag mod, the Akzani can increase its capacity to hold 760 rounds of ammo.
- The Akzani have very similar stats to the Dex Furis, though the former has lower overall damage and 2.5% less crit chance. However, the Akzani have the advantage of having nearly double the reserve ammo capacity, making it less likely to run out of ammo than the Dex Furis.
- When this weapon first released in Update 14.0, it required 200 Morphics to build, which DE later said was a bug. Hotfix 14.0.1 reduced this to only 2 Morphics.
- Currently, there is no single "Zani" variant.
- This is the first Secondary weapon to feature a default extended ammunition size.
- This is the third secondary weapon said to have been favored by a specific Warframe. First was Akbolto with Nyx and second was Twin Vipers with Banshee as limited time bundles.
- The word "Zani" is derived from the zanni, a character type in the Commedia dell'arte known as an astute servant or trickster. The Harlequin (the source for Mirage's overall design) is one of the most well-known zanni.
- To reload, the small magazines slide up through the top of the weapon, and then slide back in. The player will also angle the weapons forward, which gives the illusion the weapon itself is animated.