“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Draws power from the decibel level of sound in the area and uses it to amplify a damage buff for Octavia and her allies. It also doubles the damage and range of nearby Mallets.
|Strength:0.1x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x (min damage multiplier)
1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x (max damage multiplier)
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 14 m|
- Octavia throws an amplifier device in an arc toward the direction she aims. Upon impact, the amplifier transforms the ground into a dance floor, encompassing the surrounding terrain in a field of sound sensors with a radius of 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 meters for 30 seconds. While standing inside the Amp field, Octavia and her allies gain a scaling weapon damage multiplier with a minimum of 0.10x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x to a maximum of 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x, depending on the sound level in the environment.
- Field radius is affected by Power Range.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Minimum and maximum damage multipliers are affected by Power Strength.
- Sounds originating from gunfire, footsteps, alarms, melee strikes, abilities such as Mallet, Resonator, and Metronome, and many more can affect Amp's damage multiplier.
- Amp damage multiplier is displayed as an icon with the current damage multiplier in percentage, beside the shield and health indicator on the top-right of the HUD.
- When Mallet is hovering over an Amp field from any Octavia player, the percussive aura will double in damage and range.
- Can be recast while active to create a new Amp field. Octavia is limited to only 1 active Amp field at a time.
- Casting Amp is not a One-Handed Action as it interrupts other actions, but allows movement.
- Casting animation is affected by Casting Speed, such as from Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Amp field sound sensors visually produce sound bars that enlarge, shrink, stretch vertically, horizontally and diagonally depending on Percussion, Bass, and Melody music from Octavia's other abilities.
- Sound sensors will only visibly react to the owner Octavia's abilities and not from other Octavia players in a squad. This is a visual effect only, as the sound level in the environment does affect any Amp field's damage multiplier.
- The thrown amplifier device serves both as a visual anchor point and generator for the Amp field. Nullifier Crewman's bubble must come in direct contact with the amplifier device to dispel this ability.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 84.6 seconds.
- Reduces range to 4.76 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 35 meters.
- Reduces minimum damage multiplier to 0.1x and maximum damage multiplier to 0.8x.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases minimum damage multiplier to 0.87x and maximum damage multiplier to 6.98x.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases minimum damage multiplier to 0.75x and maximum damage multiplier to 5.98x.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 21.75 seconds.