For the modular Operator weapon, see Operator Amp.
Draws power from the decibel level of sound in the area and uses it to amplify a damage buff for Octavia and her allies. It also doubles the damage and range of nearby Mallets.
|Strength:0.1x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x (min damage multiplier)
1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x (max damage multiplier)
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 14 m|
- Octavia throws an amplifier device in an arc toward the direction she aims. Upon impact, the amplifier transforms the ground into a dance floor, encompassing the surrounding terrain in a field of sound sensors with a radius of 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 meters for 30 seconds. While standing inside the Amp field, Octavia and her allies gain a scaling weapon damage multiplier with a minimum of 0.10x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x to a maximum of 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x, depending on the sound level in the environment.
- Field radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Minimum and maximum damage multipliers are affected by Ability Strength.
- Sounds originating from gunfire, footsteps, alarms, melee strikes, abilities such as Mallet, Resonator, and Metronome, and many more can affect Amp's damage multiplier.
- Amp damage multiplier is displayed as an icon with the current damage multiplier in percentage, beside the shield and health indicator on the top-right of the HUD.
- When Mallet is hovering over an Amp field from any Octavia player, the percussive aura will double in damage and range.
- Can be recast while active to create a new Amp field. Octavia is limited to only 1 active Amp field at a time.
- Casting Amp is not a One-Handed Action as it interrupts other actions, but allows movement.
- Casting animation is affected by Casting Speed, such as from Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Amp field sound sensors visually produce sound bars that enlarge, shrink, stretch vertically, horizontally and diagonally depending on Percussion, Bass, and Melody music from Octavia's other abilities.
- Sound sensors will only visibly react to the owner Octavia's abilities and not from other Octavia players in a squad. This is a visual effect only, as the sound level in the environment does affect any Amp field's damage multiplier.
- The thrown amplifier device serves both as a visual anchor point and generator for the Amp field. Nullifier Crewman's bubble must come in direct contact with the amplifier device to dispel this ability.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 84.6 seconds.
- Reduces range to 4.76 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 35 meters.
- Reduces minimum damage multiplier to 0.1x and maximum damage multiplier to 0.8x.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases minimum damage multiplier to 0.87x and maximum damage multiplier to 6.98x.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases minimum damage multiplier to 0.75x and maximum damage multiplier to 5.98x.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 21.75 seconds.