The Amprex is a Corpus rifle that is unlockable through the Energy Lab in the Dojo after researching the Dera. The Amprex can easily destroy large crowds of enemies by firing multiple electric shocks that can chain between units. It functions similarly to the Synapse, which deals more damage but is limited to attacking a single target.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 50,000|
|Energy Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- High fire rate.
- Specializes in Electricity damage, making it effective against Robotic and Machinery-enemies. Electricity is a versatile damage type, combining for Magnetic, Corrosive and Radiation.
- Electric current chains between enemies.
- Multiple shots hits enemies in all directions.
- Highest Critical Chance of all weapons, alongside the Dread, Lenz and Synapse.
- High status chance.
- Lowest base damage of any weapon.
- Very poor ammo efficiency – expends ammo very rapidly.
- Limited range of 18 meters.
- Damage cannot be increased with Slash, Impact or Puncture mods.
- See Category:Amprex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Amprex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Resource-heavy to craft, requiring 8 Fieldron and 3 Argon Crystals, as well as 9000 Ferrite.
- The Amprex fires a single beam of electricity which then chain to nearby enemies from the target.
- Additional electrical arcs are also emitted, striking randomly around the player. However, these stray arcs are purely visual effects.
- Compared to the Synapse, the Amprex deals less damage but it continuously arcs to other enemies, making it more effective against crowds. Use the Synapse for single targets and the Amprex for crowd control.
- The Amprex has double the fire rate of Synapse, and less damage, however the higher fire rate results in a higher damage per second, at the cost of more ammo usage, more frequent reloads, and slower reloads.
- The listed 20% status chance is per second, not per hit.
- This weapon's high critical chance and damage make it ideal for critical builds using Point Strike and Vital Sense.
- The Amprex's high fire rate and its low base damage make it highly ammo inefficient, consuming ammo at an alarming rate. It is recommended to use Rifle Ammo Mutation, Ammo Case, or Rifle Scavenger to ensure a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, bring Team Ammo Restores to help replenish lost ammo.
- Alloy Armor is highly resistant to electricity damage. To counteract this, consider pairing it with Heat or Toxin damage to respectively create Radiation or Corrosive damage.
- Critical Delay can be used to reduce ammo consumption, increase time between reloads, and increase damage per hit, but at a cost to the weapon's DPS.
- Although it is preferred to mod the weapon to other damage types, base Electricity damage paired with its high status chance makes for a good stun chance among groups, and added damage through electrical procs that chain to other enemies. Infested have no weakness or resistance to electrical damage, making base electrical damage work well for that faction. Forma is often required to change the damage type to match the amount of damage done by pure electrical damage, however.
- Metal Auger will allow the Amprex to hit multiple targets with its main beam. Each target hit with the main beam causes a separate set of chained damage to nearby enemies, causing this weapon to deal significantly more damage the more enemies you are able to hit. Hitting multiple enemies at one time may be difficult in practice due to the Amprex's short range. On the other hand, this mechanic has good synergy with abilities like Vauban's Vortex, which allows the main beam to easily penetrate multiple grouped targets.
- As of Update 15.13, Sinister Reach will increase both the Amprex's range and chain distance. The increased chain distance allows every shot to hit a lot more enemies overall, greatly increasing crowd DPS and ammo efficiency.
- Using with Mirage gives you two more beams that also chain to other targets, providing much more crowd control than before.
- Shooting a corpse will also chain to enemies allowing you to shoot around corners or through objects.
- After the clan obtains the Energy Lab, it will take exactly 12 days to research this weapon.
- The Amprex's name is a portmanteau of the words Ampere (the base unit of the International System of Units used to define electric current intensity) and the word Rex, which is the Latin word for king.
- The weapon shares its similarities on its battery components with Tetra.
- This is the third Primary weapon that deals purely Electricity damage, after the Lanka, and Synapse.
- This is the second clan weapon that does not need a Forma in its construction.
- Hatches on the side of the Amprex slowly open up during firing, spreading vanes underneath. This animation is a visual indicator of the weapon's magazine capacity, with the vanes spreading out more the closer the magazine is to empty. The hatch closes upon reloading.
- This is the first weapon in Energy Lab whose duplication costs 50,000 credits.
- Synapse, a similar electrical arcing weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|