The Amprex is a Corpus rifle that is unlockable through the Energy Lab in the Dojo after researching the Dera. The Amprex can easily destroy large crowds of enemies by firing multiple Electricity arcs that can chain between units.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Innate Electricity damage – effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- Second highest critical chance of all continuous and automatic primaries, behind Synapse.
- Above average critical damage multiplier.
- High status chance.
- Electric current chains between enemies.
- Multiple shots hits enemies in all directions.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Slow reload speed.
- Main beam has a limited range of 18 meters.
- Chain beam has a limited range of 10 meters.
- Chain beam range cannot be increased with Sinister Reach.
- See Category:Amprex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Amprex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Resource-heavy to craft, requiring 8 Fieldron and 3 Argon Crystals, as well as 9000 Ferrite.
- The Amprex fires a single beam of electricity which then chains to nearby enemies.
- The beam will chain to the closest living enemy in range dealing half damage to it. From there it will chain additional times (3 to 4 times total), halving the damage each time.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect damage from chain lighting.
- Chain lightning will also be emitted if an enemies corpse is chosen as original target.
- Additional electrical arcs are also emitted, striking randomly around the player. However, these stray arcs are purely visual effects.
- Compared to the Synapse, the Amprex deals more damage and it continuously arcs to other enemies, making it more effective against crowds. Use the Synapse for single targets and the Amprex for crowd control.
- The fire rate of Amprex is the same as Synapse, and it deals slighty more damage, however it has a 2.6s reload speed, nearly double the 1.5s reload speed of the Synapse.
- The listed 22% status chance is per damage tick.
- This weapon's high critical chance and damage make it ideal for critical builds using Point Strike and Vital Sense.
- The Amprex's high fire rate and its low base damage make it highly ammo inefficient, consuming ammo at an alarming rate. It is recommended to use Rifle Ammo Mutation, Ammo Case, or Rifle Scavenger to ensure a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, bring Team Ammo Restores to help replenish lost ammo.
- Alloy Armor is highly resistant to electricity damage. To counteract this, consider pairing it with Heat or Toxin damage to respectively create Radiation or Corrosive damage.
- Critical Delay can be used to reduce ammo consumption, increase time between reloads, and increase damage per hit, but at a cost to the weapon's DPS.
- Although it is preferred to mod the weapon to other damage types, base Electricity damage paired with its high status chance makes for a good stun chance among groups, and the added damage through electrical procs that chain to other enemies. Infested have no weakness or resistance to electrical damage, making base electrical damage work well for that faction. Forma is often required to change the damage type to match the amount of damage done by pure electrical damage, however.
- Metal Auger will allow the Amprex to hit multiple targets with its main beam. Each target hit with the main beam causes a separate set of chained damage to nearby enemies, causing this weapon to deal significantly more damage the more enemies you are able to hit. Hitting multiple enemies at one time may be difficult in practice due to the Amprex's short range. On the other hand, this mechanic has good synergy with abilities like Vauban's Vortex, which allows the main beam to easily penetrate multiple grouped targets.
- Using with Mirage gives you two more beams that also chain to other targets, providing much more crowd control than before.
- After the clan obtains the Energy Lab, it will take exactly 12 days to research this weapon.
- The Amprex's name is a portmanteau of the words Ampere (the base unit of the International System of Units used to quantify electric current) and the word Rex, which is the Latin word for king.
- The word ampere itself is named after a French mathematician and physicist, André-Marie Ampère, who's also considered to be one of the fathers of classical electromagnetism, most commonly known for Ampère's Circuital Law.
- Like the Flux Rifle and Detron, Amprex does not conform to the common Corpus weapon name scheme; two syllables ending in 'a'.
- The weapon shares its similarities on its battery components with Tetra.
- This is the third Primary weapon that deals purely Electricity damage, after the Lanka, and Synapse.
- This is the second clan weapon that does not need a Forma in its construction.
- Hatches on the side of the Amprex slowly open up during firing, spreading vanes underneath. This animation is a visual indicator of the weapon's magazine capacity, with the vanes spreading out more the closer the magazine is to empty. The hatch closes upon reloading.
- This is the first weapon in Energy Lab whose duplication costs 50,000 credits.
- After Update 15.13, the chained beams were changed to be affected by Sinister Reach as well. As of Update 22.14, this is no longer the case.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|