An Infested heavy melee unit, the Ancient Healer stands out for the ability to cast a damage mitigation aura around surrounding allies.
This aura not only grants 90% damage reduction, but also grants status and knockdown immunity to all under the aura. Damage done to protected allies will heal the Ancient Healer (up to 150% health). Unlike the other two Ancients, Healers cannot affect other Ancients under its aura.
They are light blue in color, with bright yellow-green mandibles.
- The link range to other enemies is ten meters.
- In Update 14.0, any damage linked allies take will heal the Ancient up to 150% health. The crowd control immunity only has a few exceptions.
- This link is not shared to other Ancient infested, such as Ancient Disruptor and Toxic Ancient.
- They will be pulled in by Vortex but they will not ragdoll, with some enemies managing to escape. This will also give health to the healer extremely quickly due to all enemies in the vortex taking damage.
- All damage procs such as the initiate stun of Blast or Impact will not have any effect on linked allies, with the Ancient Healer host taking the damage procs instead.
- Hydroid's Undertow will work, however linked enemies will not 'trip" into the water and instead run over it and disappear, as they are immune to the animation.
- Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm works some of the time, with some enemies avoiding the ragdoll effect (still damaged when touching the tentacles however).
- Nyx's Absorb will not knockdown the surrounding units, only the Healer itself; this can result in leaving you open to take massive amounts of damage upon releasing the power.
- Sound Quake works, however the damage reduction and status immunity of the linked units and the healing of the ancient will make the ability nearly useless.
- Ancients may lock-on to a target and charge at them with their knockdown attack when they are within sight range. A target entering stealth will not stop this attack from connecting if they remain in the same position.
- The model is shared with the Toxic Ancient and the Ancient Disruptor, although the Toxic Ancient has a different black-green color scheme.
- After the change of its model and appearance in Update 9.0, their lower legs are very hard to hit, as bullets will usually miss or go through the legs without dealing damage. Try to aim between the middle of the legs and their "waist" as most bullets will hit this area.
- They will occasionally deploy grappling hooks to reel in players into melee range, identical to that used by Grineer Scorpions.
- While under Nyx's Mind Control, nearby Tenno and other allies will gain heavy damage resistance in both shields and health and will be immune to all crowd control, including knockdowns.
- All status effects done to allied units under the aura will have the status effect applied to the Ancient instead. Currently this aura cannot be dispelled by any means, except through a Radiation proc. This includes the capabilities of bosses, Stalker, and Nullifiers.
- An Ancient under the effects of Confusion will turn hostile to nearby units and stop applying its mitigation aura for the duration of the proc. This in turn prevents the Healer from generating health through allies, and makes said allies more vulnerable.
- When killed by a Stealth Finisher their model shrinks. The shrinking reverts after the Stealth Finisher ends.
- In Update 9.0, a new model was implemented for the Ancients, resembling humanoid squids in appearance.
- In Lore, the Ancients are described as being hundreds of years older than the Corpus, so their deformed shape could also be attributed to years of infestation and mutation.
- The Ancient Healer has an Orokin crown on its back, similar to the Ancient Infested of Lephantis.
- Before update 14, Ancient Healers was categorized as Infested Sinew. It was then changed to Fossilized to match with other Ancients.
Patch History Edit
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Maggot • Runner • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler|
|Machine||Mutalist Osprey • Swarm-Mutalist MOA • Tar-Mutalist MOA • Power Carrier|
|Ancient||Ancient Disruptor • Ancient Healer • Boiler • Brood Mother • Toxic Ancient|
|Archwing||Attack Mutalist • Mutalist Lightning Carrier • Mutalist Toxic Carrier|
|Jordas Golem • Juggernaut (Behemoth) • Lephantis • Mutalist Alad V • Phorid|