The Ankyros are a pair of gauntlets that can deliver blows quickly.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for the Ripkas and the Tekko.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High base attack speed.
- Slide attack can hit multiple enemies.
- High critical chance.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches Seismic Palm stance.
- Compared to the Ankyros Prime:
- Lower base damage (30.0 vs. 38.0).
- Lower Impact damage (21.0 vs. 26.6).
- Lower Puncture damage (4.5 vs. 5.7).
- Lower Slash damage (4.5 vs. 5.7).
- Slower attack speed (1.2/sec vs. 1.3/sec).
- Lower status chance (10.0% vs 15.0%).
- Doesn't have any polarized slots, while Ankyros Prime has two polarities.
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs ).
- When using these, remember that you must be really close and therefore expect yourself to be vulnerable to staggers, knockdowns and knockbacks.
- Occasionally, you may find it hard to hit an enemy even if they are directly in front of you. This may be a small mesh problem associated with the weapon's short range.
- Using Reach can effectively aid in hitting targets from slightly further away.
- A good combo is to use the jump slide kick (sprint and then jump and crouch) at an enemy, which will knock them over, allowing you to use the ground execute.
- The Ankyros was released on April 19, 2013 with Update 7.8.
- One of the phased skins released during the Steam Winter Sale of 2013 was for the Ankyros. This was the rarest one available, with only 10 known copies crafted.
- The Ankyros appears to take inspiration from a concept design of the Colossus from Dark Sector, as seen in the picture here.
“Ah, have you come to make a donation to my newest 'enterprise'...?”Patch history is needed. Click here for instructions.