Since Tenno Flesh is already more vulnerable against Toxin damage by 50%, the damage reduction obtained from this mod is lower than implied. This is because of how Flesh is innately weak towards Toxin damage that adds an additional damage of 50%, thereby receiving 150% damage from all Toxin source.
Therefore, using the Antitoxin mod reduces the damage type modifier of Toxin additively by 45 percentage points, not really by 45%, but a deduction from 150% to 105% of damage, which determines the Antitoxin's True Value formula to be:
- True Value = Value × 2 ÷ 3
- This mod can be used to reduce the effect of Toxic Ancient's toxin damage when touching them. It also reduces the DoT toxin proc effect that can happen when coming into contact with them.
- In PvP this mod can be used to reduce the effect of Torid, Acrid, and Mire's toxic. This also reduces the damage from weapons installed with Toxin mods.
- Sortie missions may contain enemies modded with Toxin as well, if specified.
- This mod was "Rare" before Update 10.2.
- The rarity change may have been accidental as it was not mentioned in the patch notes, however the "Rare" rating may have also been accidental considering the fact that other resistance mods are either "Uncommon" or "Common".
- This mod depicts the old model of the Toxic Ancient.