Argon Crystals are a rare resource that drops in the Orokin Void, as a rare deposit on any planet and from certain Assassination targets. Unlike other resources, they decay after a limited period of time. After this period the resources will disappear from the user's inventory and must be reacquired if needed.
The timer points towards Midnight UTC/GMT+0 time indefinitely. This supports its description.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the materials until better facts are proven.
- Argon Crystals drop more commonly from containers and lockers. Thief's Wit, Master Thief, and a Kubrow or Kavat with Scavenge can help in finding containers that may contain Argon Crystals.
- Bringing a Nekros with Desecrate can improve your chances in finding Argon Crystals.
- Bringing a Hydroid with the Pilfering Swarm augmentation can improve your chances in finding Argon Crystals.
- Bringing an Ivara with Prowl can improve your chances in finding Argon Crystals.
- Combining this with a Nekros with Desecrate and using slash weapons to dismember the bodies (Desecrate counts each severed part as a separate entity) will give you a high chance for drops.
- A typical squad composition is a Speed Nova, a Pilfering Swarm Hydroid, a Desecrate Nekros and Energy Vampire Trinity on Taranis, a Void Defense, can yield several Argon crystals per run.
- Breakable Argon Pegmatites are found on Quest/Void Missions. There is at least one Argon Pegmatite per Quest Mission.
- The Jordas Golem on Eris is a good place to find Argon as well. Just break the containers in and around the boss area.
- The Weekly Ayatan Sculpture Mission from Maroo's Bazaar is a good place to find Argon Crystals.
- Corrupted Vor will always drop either an Orokin Cell or an Argon Crystal. Chances seem to be equal for both.
- Currently, Argon Crystals are not available for purchase in the Market.
- "A full 24 hours from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits is when it’s considered in its decaying period." 
- Having the count down started on one Argon Crystal, then obtaining another does not reset the count down.
- Each Argon Crystal in a Tenno's inventory is either stable or decaying at any given time; beyond this, the age of a single crystal does not matter. Each day at GMT 00:00, two things happen: first, the quantity of decaying Argon Crystals is cut in half and rounded down; second, all stable Argon Crystals shift to the decaying state. For example:
- 11 crystals are collected on Day 1. They are all stable.
- GMT 00:00 hits, and now all 11 crystals are decaying, but the quantity remains unchanged.
- 12 crystals are collected on Day 2. The Tenno now has 23 crystals total.
- GMT 00:00 hits. The 11 decaying crystals decay to 5, and the 12 additional crystals are now decaying. The Tenno now has 17 crystals.
- GMT 00:00 hits again without the attainment of any further crystals. All 17 crystals decay to 8.
Blueprints Requiring Argon CrystalsEdit
- Argon (symbol: Ar) is the 18th element in the periodic table. It is a noble gas whose most commonly occurring isotope, 36Ar, is stable and does not decay as the Argon Crystal does (though it has a number of unstable isotopes that do decay, none of their half-lives match up with the Argon Crystal's rate of decay).
- While argon does sublimate at room temperature, sublimation doesn't follow the pattern of being repeatedly cut in half at regular intervals.
- This is the first resource that has the ability to degrade over time.
- Due to a DDoS Attack on Warframe's PC Servers on April 15, 2014, Argon Crystals didn't decay until servers stabilized – although their countdown remained active. This lasted until Hotfix 13.1.2 was launched, as the servers had fully recovered by that time. 
- Previously, Argon Crystals would drop from Infestation Outbreaks (particularly from Phorid), and was considered a much more efficient way to collect them. This bug was removed (albeit undocumented in the patch notes) in Hotfix 14.7.4.
|Common||Alloy Plate • Cryotic • Ferrite • Nano Spores • Polymer Bundle • Salvage|
|Uncommon||Circuits • Oxium • Plastids • Rubedo|
|Rare||Argon Crystal • Control Module • Gallium • Kuva • Morphics • Neural Sensors • Neurodes • Nitain Extract • Orokin Cell • Tellurium|
|Research||Detonite Ampule • Fieldron Sample • Mutagen Sample • Pigment • Synthula|
|Navigation||Cryptographic ALU • Nav Coordinates • Omega Isotopes • Orokin Cipher|