The Argonak is a Grineer assault rifle that highlights enemies close to the reticule when aiming as long as they are within range, increasing visibility in dark areas. Its semi-auto main fire can be quickly changed to its secondary automatic mode to engage enemies with a faster fire rate and increased status chance at the cost of lowering critical chance.
|Time: 24 hours|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Chem Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 96 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Good base damage.
- High critical chance in semi-auto mode.
- High status chance in full-auto mode.
- Good status chance in semi-auto mode.
- When aiming, highlights enemies within range using weapon's energy color, increasing visibility.
- Two polarity slots; one and one .
- Low Puncture damage - less effective against armor.
- The delay timer between shots in semi-auto is long enough to nullify some follow-up shots.
- Slow reload speed.
- Low critical chance and critical damage multiplier in full-auto mode.
- The Argonak has two fire modes, semi-auto as its main fire mode and fully automatic mode as its secondary. Its main fire mode has good status chance and high critical chance, while the secondary mode allows automatic fire and increased status chance at the cost of reduced critical chance.
- The Argonak's main feature is its target-highlighting scope that functions whilst zoomed in;
- Highlights targets in the color selected on the appearance energy slot.
- Highlight range of 100 meters.
- Targets must be within relatively close proximity of the crosshair to highlight; will not light up all enemies on screen.
- Only highlights enemies; will not highlight objects, squadmembers, Companions, or other allied forces (e.g. in Invasions or Syndicate Missions).
- Highlights enemies through most obscuring conditions like fog or smoke, making it much easier to spot enemies in poor visibility situations.
- Pitch of shots changes on the last 8 rounds letting you know you are near empty.
- Magazine size of 43 rounds can make the weapon feel a little sluggish to use, however when used in semi-auto mode the magazine size seems more manageable.
- The high criticals and good status chance of the main semi-auto mode makes it good for obtaining critical slash procs, which can quickly bleed enemies through their armor.
- The full-auto mode can quickly stack slash procs to chip away at the health of the enemy, albeit with less damage due to the loss in crits.
- The full-auto mode can also be used to stack corrosive procs to strip away enemy armor, then switch to semi-auto mode to deal more damage per shot.
- The Argonak was first revealed during Warframe Partners Shul's and InexpensiveGamer's Twitch stream on October 4th, 2017.