Assimilate is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nyx that allows her to move and attack while channeling Absorb and prevents friendly fire from being absorbed, at the cost of shrinking Absorb's effective radius by 50%.
- Can be acquired by attaining the rank of Maxim under the Arbiters of Hexis, or the rank of Flawless under New Loka, and spending 25,000 to purchase.
- Assimilate reduces speed to a slow walk and disables all Maneuvers.
- Players can preform the revive action, melee attacks, and interact with objects (hacking terminals, power cells, etc.) during Assimilate.
- Players can still regain lost Energy with the relevant Syndicate Weapon Augments -specifically Entropy and Blight- and Energy Orbs; however, all other forms of Energy gain are disabled and Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximus units can still drain energy.
- Rift Strike can be used to reach distant enemies and gain ground, though players will need to perform Charged Attacks.
- Electromagnetic Shielding can be used to absorb some of the damage that nearby allies receive while also retaining a fast movement speed by using Final Harbinger's Dark Light combo.
- Some melee weapons and combos may be used to bypass the movement penalty, such as the Nikana's Blind Justice Guiding Light combo.
- Using your focus ability during Assimilate increases movement speed.
- Using Dispatch Overdrive gives you more movement speed during Assimilate.
- When the Assimilate Augment was first released, it was considered a 'bug' by the developers that friendly fire was no longer absorbed. This bug was fixed in Update 19.13 and friendly fire was again absorbed while Assimilate was equipped. This change resulted in huge community feedback calling for the 'fix' to be undone, as friendly fire would consume Nyx's energy. Responding to community feedback the developers released Hotfix 20.2.3 which reverted Assimilate to its original state of ignoring friendly fire.