The Atterax is a Grineer whip used as a tool of execution by its creators. It deals high Slash damage, has a good critical hit rate and excellent critical damage, but is less effective against armored targets.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Tied for highest critical damage multiplier for melee weapons with Dual Cleavers (Prisma), Dual Ichor, Dual Raza, Hirudo, and Dual Zoren.
- High Slash damage – effective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- High status chance.
- Long attack range.
- Stance polarity matches Burning Wasp.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- High critical chance.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – reduced effectiveness against shielded or armored enemies.
- Low attack speed.
- See Category:Atterax Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Atterax Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Berserker pairs well with the Atterax due to this weapon's high critical chance, making Berserker more likely to activate.
- As whips possess the largest spin attack radius of all melee types, it is highly effective with Maiming Strike.
- Bears a close resemblance to medieval Flails.
- The head's blades open up if the blocking button is pressed while the Atterax is equipped, and fold inside again after one strike. It is unknown if this is beneficial to its stats in any way.
- The Grineer writing on both the handguard and hilt, while very hard to make out, seems to say " " which translates to "MEAT BLENDER".
- This weapon seems to share a base color scheme with Executioner Harkonar, which implies that this is one of the weapons produced in the Harkonar Production Zone as stated in Executioner Harkonar's Codex Entry.