For the similarly named weapon, see Ballistica.
- In spite of their role as a long-ranged unit, they seem to have similar tactics used by regular Grineer Lancers.
- Like all standard Grineer, her Vulkar can do devastating Impact damage to shields when it hits such targets and has a fairly high chance to proc. Although more rare, Slash procs can occur which are more deadly than other Grineer weapons due to its high base damage.
- Ballista can perform a quick, three shot burst when blind-firing from around a corner with each shot dealing as much damage as they normally would under regular circumstances, making it very deadly.
- Ballistas have accurate sniper rifles and will predict the last movement of a moving player before making a lethal shot. Zigzagging maneuvers is advised in order to prevent these shots from being taken.
- Even though they have a low firing rate, Ballistas can become a serious nuisance as their Vulkars are capable of dropping a player's shields in under 3 shots and they are often isolated from other Grineer allies.
- Their Vulkars deal significant damage to shields and light armored targets, especially Excavators.
| ||Tileset||Grineer Sealab||Codex Scans||5|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Organ Shatter (7.59%)|
15 Endo (7.59%)
50 Endo (4.42%)
Toxic Flight (0.40%)
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
|+ ++ +++ - -|
| ||Tileset||Grineer Asteroid Fortress||Codex Scans||5|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Organ Shatter (1.14%)|
15 Endo (1.14%)
50 Endo (0.33%)
80 Endo (0.06%)
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
|+ ++ +++ - -|
- Ballistas were added in Update 7.0.
- Ballistas originally wielded Snipetrons prior to Update 8.0.
- Following Update 15.0, Anemic Agility was added to the Ballista's drop tables, then later removed in Hotfix 15.7.2.
- According to the changelog, Anemic Agility "was only ever intended to drop in Orokin Derelict Vaults."
- The Drekar Ballista originally used the health and armor values of Heavy Gunner Variants, rather than that of standard Ballistas. This was corrected in Hotfix 17.2.3.
- Their shots will fire regardless if they are knocked down or radgolled. If they begin to "charge" their shot, their shot will fire even if they are limp on the ground from a melee slam attack or otherwise. Due to their high damage and deadly accuracy, this means certain death.
- If morale is broken in exterminate missions, and ballista charges her shot, the charged shot is still fired even when fleeing from player or taking cover.
|Light||Butcher • Flameblade • Guardsman • Powerfist • Scorpion • Shield Lancer|
|Medium||Ballista • Eviscerator • Hellion • Lancer • Elite Lancer • Scorch • Seeker • Trooper|
|Heavy||Bombard • Commander • Drahk Master • Hyekka Master • Heavy Gunner • Manic • Napalm • Nox|
|Utility||Arc Trap • Drahk • Hyekka • Latcher • Manic Bombard • Orbital Strike Drone • Propaganda Drone • Regulator • Roller (Sentry) • Sensor Bar • Sensor Regulator • Target • Warden • Power Carrier|
|Archwing||Dargyn • Hellion Dargyn • Shield Dargyn • Shield-Hellion Dargyn • Dreg • Lancer Dreg • Temporal Dreg • Ogma • Zeplen|
|Submersible||Darek Draga • Draga • Shock Draga • Sikula|
| Balor Fomorian • Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • The Grustrag Three|
Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor • Ven'kra Tel & Sprag