When activated, this power stores damage caused by guns. When triggered again, that damage is channeled through the next gunshot.
40% / 50% / 60% / 70% (damage percentage)
20 / 50 / 90 / 140 (max damage per instance)
400 / 800 / 1200 / 1600 (max stored damage)
- Mesa converts 40% / 50% / 60% / 70% of the total damage inflicted by her primary and secondary weapons into raw energy. A maximum of 20 / 50 / 90 / 140 damage is stored for every instance of damage, and a maximum of 400 / 800 / 1200 / 1600 damage is stored at full capacity. When Ballistic Battery is deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
), the stored damage is unleashed on the next gunshot fired.
- Charged shots from Gunblades will also contribute to Ballistic Battery's damage.
- Damage percentage and maximum stored damage at full capacity are affected by Ability Strength.
- While active, a charge counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks stored damage from 0% to 100%.
- Instances of damage that contribute to the charge counter include Multishots, Critical Damage, DoTs, Status Effect damage, and Syndicate Radial Effects from Weapon Augment Mods and Syndicate weapons. For example, Ballistic Battery will store damage from Torid clouds as well as damage from the physical projectile.
- Once deactivated, the stored damage is added to your equipped weapon's damage. The stored damage will have the same damage composition as the equipped weapon and is not affected by base damage mods (e.g., a Lanka with a maxed Serration equipped will inflict 300*(1 + 1.65) + 1600 = 2395 Electricity damage from a fully charged shot when Ballistic Battery is deactivated).
- Elemental Damage Mods, Faction Damage Mods, Critical Damage, Headshots, and Status Effect damage will factor in the increased damage in their calculations.
- The stored damage is only applied to a weapon's projectile damage in most cases. This includes the Torid, Penta, and Ogris. Syndicate Radial Effects, while able to contribute to the charge counter, are not affected by the stored damage upon Ballistic Battery's deactivation.
- Stored damage is not split across multiple projectiles in the case of multishot weapons; only a single projectile can acquire stored damage.
- Does not affect melee attacks (including Redeemer shots).
- Peacemaker's Regulator pistols can contribute to the charge counter, and Ballistic Battery can be deactivated while Peacemaker is active. Stored damage can be applied to a single Regulator shot.
- Any effect which forcibly strips abilities - e.g. falling into a bottomless pit or entering a Nullifier field - will cause Ballistic Battery to discharge on the next shot, with the damage bonus intact, similar to when the ability is manually deactivated. Needs testing for the Stalker or for Zanuka's Dispel / Dispel Bomb.
- Mesa's body will glow in her chosen energy color with intensity and coverage scaling with damage stored.
- Has an initial cast of 0.5 seconds.
- Main article: Ballistic Bullseye
|Rank||Status Chance Bonus||Cost|
- A simple-to-use but incredibly useful skill, make use of Ballistic Battery early and often. It can be extremely useful for eliminating heavy enemy units, as the skill damage value does not properly reflect the actual potential damage of a well-placed, fully-charged shot.
- The damage added is to your attack's base damage, so if you are using a weapon with a high critical chance/multiplier and/or aiming for a headshot, the added damage can turn out to be much more than 1600.
- Ballistic Battery stores energy when containers are shot, presumably because they use health to determine if enough damage has been dealt to open them.
- This ability can be used with a Furis pistol that has a Winds of Purity mod to easily restore Mesa to full health, should the shot connect.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces damage percentage to 28%, max damage per instance to 56 and maximum stored damage to 640.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage percentage to 261.1%, max damage per instance to 522.2 and maximum stored damage to 5968.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage percentage to 226.1%, max damage per instance to 452.2 and maximum stored damage to 5168.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.
- Rank 0 Ballistic Battery stores more damage per instance than other ranks.