Creates an energy-based containment field in which captives are held suspended in stasis.
|Strength:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 (affected enemies)|
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
- Vauban releases a device that creates an energy-based containment field. On contact with an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. When the device is deployed, the field expands to a radius of 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters. Enemies that are caught within the field or enter the field after deployment will be suspended and incapacitated for 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. A single device can hold a maximum of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 enemies.
- Number of affected enemies and contact damage are affected by Power Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- For more information about the contact damage, see this blog and this follow-up.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Field radius is affected by Power Range.
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface. Regardless of the orientation of the surface, the containment field will always project horizontally.
- Enemies held up by Bastille before actual encounters will assume a state of unawareness. These enemies will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.
- Will not affect most Bosses, Ospreys, or Rollers. Bosses that are affected include Jackal, Sgt. Nef Anyo, Councilor Vay Hek, General Sargas Ruk and Kela De Thaym (she is still able to use weapons and abilities).
- Works on The Grustrag Three and Zanuka Hunter.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Main article: Repelling Bastille
- When used in narrow hallways or choke-points, enemies that are held up in the field block the path of others behind, negating the enemy limit and blocking all the enemies from advancing.
- Bastille spawns from a ball that Vauban throws in an arc, so it can be deployed where aimed.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 42.3 seconds.
- Reduces field radius to 3.4 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 6 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases field radius to 23.5 meters.
- Reduces number of affected enemies to 4 and contact damage 6.
- Maximized Power Strength increases number of affected enemies to 34 and contact damage to 42.6.
- Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 10.875 seconds.