Ash goes on a rampage, teleporting to and destroying nearby enemies.
|Strength:750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 (damage)|
- Ash instantly enters a state of intense focus as he searches for targets to assassinate, emitting black smoke and seeing the environment in monochrome. During targeting mode, enemies within 50 meters that are seen near the aiming reticle become tagged with a Death Mark that appears above them, while all marked targets are highlighted in red. Staring at enemies longer will add up to 2 additional marks, signifying more than one potential attack. Activating the ability again (default Finisher damage with a 100% Bleed chance.
) will spawn 2 Shadow Clones that follow Ash's assault as he teleports and attacks all marked enemies. Each attack (including clone attacks) consumes one mark and inflicts 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000
- Ash will attempt to attack each marked target once. After a marked target has been attacked by Ash, his Shadow Clones can then attack the target to consume any remaining marks on the target provided the target is still alive.
- Applying a mark during targeting mode will consume 15 energy. If Ash is invisible by any means (e.g. using Smoke Screen) when the mark is applied, then only 10 energy is consumed. Per mark energy costs are affected by Ability Efficiency.
- If a marked target is killed before all marks on the target are consumed, then the energy for each unused mark will be refunded. The amount refunded is equivalent to the amount initially used to apply the mark.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength, Steel Charge, Savage Silence, Executing Dash and Combo Counter multipliers.
- The Bleed DoT inflicts 43.75% of the initial damage per tick for a total of 7 ticks over 6 seconds. The Bleed damage bypasses armor and shields.
- All attacks from Ash and his clones add to the Melee Combo Counter.
- Body Count and Drifting Contact both increase the Combo Counter duration.
- Target acquisition range is affected by Ability Range. If a marked target moves out of the target acquisition range, then any marks on the target are removed and refunded.
- Animation speed is affected by Fury, Speed, Warcry and Spoiled Strike, but not base weapon attack speed or Berserker. Quickening also affects animation speed, but only if channeling is begun before and maintained through the cast. Animation speed can also be affected by Arcane Enhancements such as Arcane Strike and Arcane Fury.
- Targeting mode can be activated, reactivated, and deactivated while in the air.
- While in targeting mode, Ash is still able to perform all other functions, such as moving, maneuvering, casting abilities, and firing or reloading weapons.
- If there are no marked enemies, reactivating Blade Storm will simply deactivate targeting mode.
- Ash becomes invulnerable for the duration of the attack and is returned to the original cast location once the ability ends. Ash will also regenerate his shield during the animation.
- Ash will continue to generate Energy from sources as Energy Siphon and Energizing Dash from the Zenurik Focus path.
- Main article: Rising Storm
- A sentinel's Vacuum will collect items while doing this ability.
- Blade Storm can be used to start long Melee Combo chains to gain additional bonus melee damage.
- Blade Storm can also be empowered by performing Melee Combo chains before casting, as the ability's damage benefits greatly from the bonus melee damage multiplier.
- Considering Blade Storm has a 100% chance to proc Bleed, dealing 35% of the base damage 7 times in 6 seconds, the ability actually does 2000 + ((2000×0.35)×7) = 6,900 damage in 6 seconds, making it one of the most powerful abilities in the game if modded and used accordingly.
- If used during sliding, Blade Storm seems to use a shorter version of finishing animations, which reduces total animation time.
- Since Blade Storm is a Non-channeling ability that utilize the melee combo counter, the skill will benefit greatly from the effects of both Body Count and Drifting Contact. Instead of having a 3 second delay before the combo counter disappear, the delay will be 3+12+10=25 seconds.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces range to 17 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost per mark to 3.75 energy and 2.5 energy while invisible.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 140 meters.
- Reduces base damage to 800.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases base damage to 7460.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases base damage to 6460.
- Increases cost per mark to 23.25 energy and 15.5 energy while invisible.
- On certain unspecific occasions Ash will become invulnerable after using Blade Storm. It should also be noted that Blade Storm can cause lag commonly.
- Very rarely, after using Blade Storm, Ash will float and become invincible. He is unable to jump or fall down, use melee weapons (or primaries/secondaries in some cases), or use Blade Storm again. Pressing E will teleport to a random enemy and perform a purely aesthetic Blade Storm attack which does no damage. This appears to occur when Blade Storm's initial target is killed before Blade Storm begins.
- On some occasions (most likely related to latency), Ash will remain vulnerable whilst being unable to exit this bugged state without getting killed (as in, actually dying and using a revive charge, as revival by a teammate will not end this glitch).
- This may occur when the initial target for Blade Storm is killed (by another player/procs) during the teleporting animation, causing Ash to teleport to his casting location, and initiate this bug.
- To deactivate the bug, Ash can prompt a "falling out of level" event by power wall climbing to the sky if there is a wall in the map that allows him to. This will respawn Ash to a random location on the ground and deactivate the bug.
- Very Rarely, when Ash finishes using Blade Storm he will appear at the location where he used it with 0 Health, unable to move, unable to use weapons, and unable to be damaged by enemies. Any on screen prompts that occur, such as Defense and Interception wave prompts, will not be presented to Ash in this state. Ash cannot be revived as he isn't considered down despite the fact that he has 0 health. The only way to fix this bug is to wait for the mission to end or leave the mission.
- If wielding a melee weapon when cast, Blade Storm will occasionally perform Finisher attacks on enemies. This does not occur if the player is hosting.
- Occasionally, Ash will fall out of the map after using Blade Storm, where he will either teleport back to the original casting position or die.
- If Blade Storm is cast and Ash's holograms seek out a Mind Controlled target, they will attack the target indefinitely until either the Mind Controlled target dies or its duration expires.
- Attempting to use Blade Storm against another player when fighting in the Dojo will cause Ash to become invincible and hover in the air. In this state, Ash can only move and use firearms.
- When Ash has no melee weapon equipped, it is possible in some cases for Ash to attain an unmodded Skana after using Bladestorm. This Skana is not listed in the end of mission screen, nor in the in-game gear list, and is lost upon dying or completion of mission.