The Boar Prime is an ancient Orokin automatic shotgun that serves as an upgraded version of the Boar. The Boar Prime further improves on the strengths of the Boar, focusing on a high rate of fire, spread, and magazine capacity, on top of improving overall damage. This gives the Boar Prime extremely high damage per second, mitigated only by the short-comings of its predecessor, with its inability to effectively engage targets past short range.
On June 29, 2015, it was announced that the Boar Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on July 7, 2015. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons would remain as is.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High rate of fire.
- High status chance, can reach 100% status per pellet with 4 status+elemental combo mods. (Status should be calculated before multishot is added as the weapon card does not properly take extra pellets into account.)
- Fully automatic.
- Wide spread is ideal for fighting large crowds of weak units.
- High pellet count.
- Good critical chance.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to ~50% from 18m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low damage (Second lowest of all shotguns).
- Slow reload speed.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Strong recoil, although manageable.
- Wide spread can be ideal for crowds but this in turn lowers effective range, recommending closer combat situations.
- Boar Prime, compared to Boar:
- Higher base damage (184.0 vs. 176.0)
- Higher critical chance (15% vs. 10%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (30% vs. 20%)
- Higher fire rate (4.67 rounds/sec vs. 4.17 rounds/sec)
- Slower reload speed (2.8 s vs. 2.7 s)
- Main article: Category:Boar Prime Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- It is possible to reach 100% status chance with the Boar Prime before the use of multishot mods (Which will result in a real 100% status chance per pellet).
- The original counterpart, the Boar, was removed from the market in Update 10.4, making the Boar Prime the first prime weapon to phase out its predecessor.
- The Boar was added back into circulation in Update 17.7, several updates after the Boar Prime was removed from Void drop tables.
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 13.29 Impact, 3.07 Puncture and 4.09 Slash.
- Along with various other shotguns, the Boar Prime's stats were increased with Update 17.0, however several aspects were nerfed, specifically reload speed, fire rate, and status chance.
- Using the Shotgun Scavenger aura, Team Ammo Restore, and/or the Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod is highly recommended due to the weapon's high fire rate. It tends to chew through ammo quickly, especially when modded.
- It was released in Update 10.0, along with the Mag Prime and Dakra Prime.
- Its central drum section rotates when firing (not that obvious as it is quite fast) and reloading, making it a non-static model.
- The Boar Prime, along with the Dakra Prime, is specifically mentioned as being a Tenno creation, unlike other Prime items said to be created by the Orokin.
- Boar Prime's description incorrectly states it increases magazine size and fire rate at the cost of damage in comparison to regular Boar. It does have increased fire rate, but the magazine size is the same and Boar Prime deals 8 total damage more than Boar does.
- Boar, the original counterpart of this shotgun.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.