| Boar Prime
| Projectile Speed
| Firing Rate
|| 5.8 rounds/sec
| Magazine Size
|| 15.0 rounds/mag
| Normal Attacks
CODEX Entry: Boar Prime
One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot.
The Boar Prime is a Tenno-designed automatic shotgun that serves as an upgraded version of the Boar. It was released in Update 11.
The Boar Prime blueprint and its components can be gathered from Orokin Void and Orokin Derelict.
This weapon deals primarily Impact Damage.
- High rate of fire.
- Higher rate of fire than non-primed Boar.
- High critical chance and damage (higher than non-primed version), ideal for critical builds.
- Larger magazine size than the non-primed Boar.
- Fully automatic.
- Wide spread is ideal for fighting large crowds of weak units.
- High pellet count.
- Very high status chance (however this is per shot, not per pellet, thus you divide the status chance by the number of pellets to get the per pellet chance, as with all shotguns)
- Damage drops off over distance (inherent of all shotguns).
- Slow reload speed (average among shotguns).
- No polarities.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Strong recoil, although it is manageable.
- Wide spread can be ideal for crowds but this in turn lowers effective range, requiring closer combat situations.
- Its most effective damage range is around 5m to 8m due to the strong recoil and wide spread.
- Main article: Category:Boar Prime Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- The original counterpart, the Boar, has been removed from the market in Update 10.4, making the Boar Prime the first Prime replacement weapon to phase out its predecessor.
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 8.45 impact, 1.95 puncture, and 2.60 slash.
- Using the Shotgun Scavenger Aura, Team Ammo Restore, and/or the Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod is highly recommended due to the weapon's high fire rate which will chew through ammo quickly, especially when modded.
- Due to weak effect of critical shotgun mods Elemental Mods still scale better despite good innate crit chance and damage values.
- It was released in Update 10, along with the Mag Prime.
- Its central drum section rotates when firing (not that obvious as it is quite fast) and reloading, making it a non-static model.
- Unlike other Prime weapons, the Boar Prime is specifically mentioned as a Tenno-Prime weapon. Other Prime weapons simpy are stated to be Orokin-era developments.
- This may also suggest Tenno created their own weaponry entirely during the Orokin-era.
- Boar, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.