The Bolto is a Tenno secondary that fires piercing bolts with a noticeable travel time.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical damage multiplier.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Can use the Bolto-exclusive Entropy Spike mod.
- A polarity slot.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Extremely low status chance.
- Noticeable muzzle climb during rapid fire, reducing ranged accuracy.
- Bolto, compared to Akbolto:
- Lower fire rate (6.83 rounds/sec vs. 10 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (15 rounds vs. 30 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.3 s vs. 2.6 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 9)
- See Category:Bolto Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Bolto Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Higher fire rate can be achieved by tapping the trigger at specific intervals, not quickly tapping the trigger, as the fire rate will be lower.
- Pacing shots allows the Bolto to recover from a shot's muzzle climb, improving the accuracy of the following shot.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- Bolts pin killed enemies to walls or floors.
- Bolto can puncture a container and has a 100% chance to destroy the container behind it. The Akbolto does not have this capability.
- Upon release, the Bolto created no noise when fired, making it SILENT, but in its upgrade section of the Arsenal its noise level was listed as ALARMING. This was because enemies may still be alerted if the player hits the ground around the target. This was a bug and is no longer the case as of Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 2.2, Bolto (along with Akbolto and Telos Akbolto) are now ALARMING at all times.
- Unlike its akimbo variant, the Bolto doesn't have prime version.
Last update: Update 22.15
- Akbolto, the dual wield counterpart of this gun.
- Boltace, the melee counterpart of this gun.
- Boltor, the rifle counterpart of this gun.
- Entropy Spike, a Bolto exclusive Syndicate mod.