The Brakk is a small-scale shotgun type sidearm with high damage and good reload rate but with high recoil and low magazine size. It was initially an award for completing at least 100 missions supporting the Grineer invasions during The Gradivus Dilemma. After the event, a blueprint was handed out to players who supported the Corpus by running at least 100 invasions on their side, as compensation. It has since been made a reward for defeating The Grustrag Three (not including during A Man of Few Words).
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
This weapon primarily deals Impact damage.
- High Damage:
- Powerful Impact damage.
- Good ammo efficiency.
- High rate of fire.
- Fast reload speed.
- High pellet count.
- Good critical chance.
- Has innate and Polarity slots.
- High Recoil.
- Relatively small magazine size.
- Ineffective on medium and long range due to damage falloff and intense spread.
- See Category:Brakk Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Brakk Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Brakk's infamously high DPS can be attributed to its very high fire rate. Due to its semi-auto trigger it may be impossible to reach its maximum fire rate without alternative fire bindings.
- During the Gradivus Dilemma, if you have supported the Grineer more than the Corpus, this gun will come with an inventory slot and an Orokin Catalyst. If the Corpus was supported, this will be rewarded as a Blueprint instead, meaning a lack of the inventory slot and Orokin Catalyst.
- Update 11.2.1 nerfed the Brakk in various areas.
- The damage listed is actually a combination of all the pellets' damage values. The actual damage per pellet, barring damage falloff, is 6.75 impact, 3.75 puncture, and 4.5 slash.
- Fires 10 pellets, each dealing varying physical damage for a total of 150 damage.
- The Brakk is typically considered to be an upgraded Grineer version of the Bronco series with high critical chance, greater damage potential, more pellets per shot, and a larger magazine size. In addition it also has and Polarity slots, allowing it to accommodate powerful mods sooner.
- The Brakk, when modded with only a capped Lethal Torrent, fires faster than it is possible to click with a mouse. Binding to mousewheel down or another alternative will allow the weapon to deal maximum DPS.
- The Brakk's critical and status stats make it viable for critical and/or proc-oriented builds.
- A shotgun in the secondary weapon slot allows for several interesting weapon combinations, particularly primary weapons that are inconvenient/risky to use in close quarters (Ogris, Penta, Sniper Rifles and Bows).
- General Sargas Ruk gives this weapon to those who supported him and the Grineer in The Gradivus Dilemma with the following message:
"The way you fight, we cannot grow this in a test tube. You are a true warrior. I need more warriors like you. Continue to fight for me, there is more where this came from."
- If the player chose to support Alad V in The Gradivus Dilemma, the Lotus gifted them a Brakk blueprint instead. The blueprint uses entirely different resources to build the weapon, which is the following:
Time: 24 hrs Rush: 25 Market Price: N/A Blueprint Price: N/A
- The Corpus counterpart for the The Gradivus Dilemma is the Detron. Had the Corpus won the Dilemma the Detron would have been rewarded instead.
- The Brakk's cylinder rotates every time after it fires. Curiously the player can fire the Brakk very rapidly before the cylinder even finishes rotating.
- Additionally the Brakk appears to have a custom reload animation, but oddly, the Warframe appears to insert an object into the pistol grip. Its reload sound is similar to that of the Bronco.
- The gun is described as a "semi-auto handcannon" of Grineer design. Colloquially, a "hand cannon" often refers to an extremely powerful handgun chambered for a high caliber cartridge such as .500 S&W Magnum or .50 Action Express.
- The word "Brakk" may be translated from Grineer to English as "Break", due to its sustained ability to deliver powerful blasts against its targets.
- The Gradivus Dilemma, the event that introduced this gun.
- Detron, the Corpus counterpart.
- Bronco, a similar pocket shotgun sidearm.
- The Grustrag Three, the group that drops this weapon's parts.