“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Broken War is a sword formed from a portion of the War greatsword, the weapon given to Stalker by the Sentient Hunhow. This broken version of War deals mostly Slash damage instead of War's Impact, making it better suited against flesh.
This weapon is a requisite for War.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon is granted as a reward for completing The Second Dream Quest. Additional copies can be built afterwards; the blueprint dropping from Shadow Stalker upon defeat, while its components (namely the Hilt and Blades) drop from Conculysts.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Highest base damage of all single swords.
- Good critical chance.
- Normal attacks have guaranteed Impact proc.
- Slam attacks ragdoll enemies.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Crimson Dervish, Swooping Falcon, and Vengeful Revenant stances.
- Innate and polarities.
- Lower Impact and Puncture damage, less effective against shields and armor.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Broken War comes pre-installed with an Orokin Catalyst and weapon slot upon completing The Second Dream.
- The hilt and blade required to craft Broken War are tradeable. However, the blueprint is not.
- The weapon's default quick attack uses Vengeful Revenant's Lone Vengeance combo instead of the normal sword attack.
- Even without having Vengeful Revenant equipped, it will be depicted as the current stance.
- The Broken War is used to construct War, which will remove it from the inventory.
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not transfer over into the crafted War. This is especially advisable if you plan to buy Hunhow's Gift in the future, as this will allow you to obtain both a Broken War and War with pre-installed catalysts and avoid having duplicates.
- The Broken War is a piece of the larger War greatsword, which was split in two following the climax of The Second Dream quest, with the smaller piece torn being re-purposed as a one-handed sword.
- Prior to Hotfix 18.6.3, Broken War required War to craft and vice versa, making them the only two weapons to have recursive build requirements. This also meant that the only way players could own both weapons at the same time was to buy the Hunhow's Gift bundle, which includes War.