“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”This article contains spoilers about the game's lore.
This weapon primarily deals Impact damage.
- High Impact damage, making it effective against Shields.
- Draining mechanic allows for a constant supply of health and energy orbs on demand.
- Fast attack speed.
- High status chance.
- Has an innate polarity slot.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches Flailing Branch.
- Low Puncture damage makes it less effective against Armor.
- Consuming enemies forces the player into an uninterruptible animation for a moment, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
- When standing over an enemy corpse while wielding the Broken Scepter, the player gains the ability to drain the corpse by activating the Drain Enemy prompt on them by holding down on the Use Key (default Capture targets, after which the corpse will release an orb. Organic enemies (such as Lancers) will release Health Orbs, while robotic enemies (such as MOAs) will release Energy Orbs instead. As the draining procedure consumes the corpse, this can only be done once per corpse.
). This will deconstruct the corpse in a manner similar to
- With proper timing, it's possible to both deconstruct and Desecrate a corpse.
- The Broken Scepter has two small orbs that orbit around it, which act as an indicator of how many times the player can use the Scepter's draining ability consecutively. One orb is consumed when performing a drain, and if both orbs are consumed the player will be unable to drain enemy corpses until the orbs regenerate.
- Killing an enemy while Channeling will cause the corpse to quickly float away and deconstruct. This does not activate the health or energy drops from draining an enemy, but the flying corpses can still be drained if the prompt is started soon enough. This effect still occurs when performing a finisher move.
- As a Quest reward item, the Broken Scepter comes with an Orokin Catalyst pre-installed, along with a free weapon slot.
- During The War Within quest, Teshin reveals to the player that the Scepter is an Orokin artifact that was utilized to command the sworn allegiance of the Orokin's Dax soldiers.
- It is unclear whether the Broken Scepter still allows the player to command the Dax or if it requires the Kuva to be attached.
Broken Scepter Skins
- Sometimes the scepter will refuse to show prompts on enemies. If this occurs, switching weapons then back to the scepter again can fix the issue.