- This mod can be acquired by attaining the rank of Maxim under the Arbiters of Hexis, or the rank of Exalted under the Red Veil, and spending 25,000 to purchase.
- Shield bonus is affected by Ability Strength, but the amount per second also seems to be an average instead of a static number, and can fluctuate for each tick dealt on enemies even if the damage remains the same.
- Can create Overshields.
- Volt will gain shield regardless of where he is, but his allies must be within the casting radius in order to begin to gain shields.
- This augment works best the more enemies there are in a group, due to how Discharge works, zapping each other and increasing the amount of bulk shield obtained within the first moments of the cast.
- Mods like Fast Deflection and Fortitude can be used to increase Volt's shield recharge rate, allowing overshields to add up sooner.
- Enemies inside of Vauban's Vortex will all be hit at the same time, and will shock every enemy inside at once causing potentially massive bulks of shields each second as well as increased DPS of the ability. This also allows a low Power Range build to be viable.
- Casting Electric Shield before casting can prevent some damage to Volt and his allies when casting, as the base ability prevents Volt from moving, and may only slowly regenerate shielding.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link in the collapsible menu to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 18.36 seconds.
- Reduces Ability Range to 6.8 meters and Tesla Radius to 2.72 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 2.4 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases Ability Range to 56 meters and Tesla Radius to 22.4 meters.
- Reduces damage to 480 per tick and damage to shield conversion to 1.2%.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 4476 per tick and damage to shield conversion to 11.19%.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 3876 per tick and damage to shield conversion to 9.69%.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.35 seconds.
NOTE: Italic refers to the base ability of this augment
- Allies may not gain shields often even when in the casting radius, for unknown reasons.