Captura is an in-game image capture and editing tool that allows players to manipulate and compose scenarios for screenshots.
To access it, go to your Warframe in arsenal, and click on appearance, the Captura option will be on the bottom of your screen.
The Menu allows the player to Tilt (/ ) the current scene, Ascend and Descend( , ) the camera along its vertical axis, and open the Advanced Menu( ).
The Advanced Menu gives the player the options of settings various aspects of the scene such as:
- Choose between at least 8 different filters that alter the atmosphere of the image.
- Change the Depth of Field to draw more focus to an element of the image.
- Extend the Field of View to show the entire landscape, or close in on an element for a portrait.
- Add graininess to the image.
- Increase the exposure to bring more light to the image, or decrease it to make it darker.
- Saturating the image will add more vibrancy to the colors, likewise, desaturating will set the image closer to gray-tone.
- Choose between 18 different scenes.
The player may also use features such as the 3 Light Setup.
Scenes allow the player to select an area in which to compose a new scenario for screenshots.
|Scene Name||Offered By|
|Corpus Ship Maintenance Scene||Unlocked by default|
|Grineer Galleon Cargo Scene||Unlocked by default|
|Infested Ship Hologram Scene||Unlocked by default|
|Amaryn's Retreat Scene||Flawless rank with New Loka, 100,000 Standing|
|Grineer Shipyards Manufactory Scene||Flawless rank with New Loka, 100,000 Standing|
|Arbiter's Tribunal Scene||Maxim rank with Arbiters of Hexis, 100,000 Standing|
|Lua Nursery Scene|| Maxim rank with Arbiters of Hexis, 100,000 Standing
(must have completed The Second Dream quest)
|Color Key Scene||100,000 Cephalon Simaris Standing|
|Orokin Derelict Plaza Scene||100,000 Cephalon Simaris Standing|
|Cressa's Garrison Scene||General rank with Steel Meridian, 100,000 Standing|
|Grineer Settlement Reactor Scene||General rank with Steel Meridian, 100,000 Standing|
|Ergo's Boardroom Scene||Partner Rank with The Perrin Sequence, 100,000 Standing|
|Corpus Gas City Scene||Partner Rank with The Perrin Sequence, 100,000 Standing|
|Lunaro Arena Scene||Typhoon rank with the Conclave, 100,000 Standing|
|Teshin's Refuge Scene||Typhoon rank with the Conclave, 100,000 Standing|
|Suda's Datascape Scene||Genius rank with Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing|
|Corpus Ice Planet Wreckage Scene||Genius rank with Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing|
|Veil's Binding Scene||Exalted rank with Red Veil, 100,000 Standing|
|Grineer Forest Factory Scene||Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers on Earth|
|Grineer Forest Industry Scene||Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers on Earth|
|Grineer Forest Water Pump Scene||Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers on Earth|
|Hunhow's Datascape Scene||Genius rank with Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing
(must have completed Octavia's Anthem quest)
|Harrow's Temple Scene||Exalted rank with Red Veil, 100,000 Standing
(must have completed Chains of Harrow quest)
|Inaros Tomb Scene||Purchasable from Baro Ki'Teer for 175,000 + 325|
|Orokin Tower Extraction Scene||Purchasable from Baro Ki'Teer for 175,000 + 325|
|Plains of Eidolon Scene||Purchasable from Old Man Suumbaat for 130,000 Ostron Standing at Kin rank.|
|The War Within Choice Scene||Unlocked after finishing The War Within, or automatically if already completed.|
|Corpus Ship Freight Scene||Rotation A of Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Grineer Sealab Centrifuge Scene||Rotation A of Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Grineer Settlement Artillery Scene||Rotation B of Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene||Rotation A of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Lua Balcony Scene||Rotation A of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught|
- In order to use features like Filters or DoF, the player must have Color Correction and Depth Of Field turned on in the game's options menu. As some players prefer to keep these options turned off for whatever reason, this forces the player to manually turn these options back on for each Captura session.
- The player is only allowed to spawn a maximum of 3 enemies in a session. This can be worked around slightly by spawning in units who themselves spawn in more enemies, such as Drahk Masters or Boilers.
- Enemies cannot be spawned in Syndicate or Conclave scenes.
- The lighting for the Color Key Scene is not even, and has many dark spots as well as lighting being pointed only one way in some cases. Turning up the brightness alleviates this issue, but only exacerbates the unnatural coloring of warframes in this mode (see bugs).
- You cannot hide chat at all while in Captura, so while you can take manual screenshots without HUD in settings (PC), this is not possible when recording the screen through video and the chat will still appear.
- The Lunaro Arena Scene only allows usage of your Lunaro Loadout.
- When enemies hit the player with melee or bullets, they will still glow as if they were damaged, which can ruin captura scenes with the player partially glowing in the spot enemies hit them.
- Zooming in / Aiming with a Synthesis Scanner scanner whilst switching into camera mode, will allow you to keep the orange tint seen on the HUD, without the scanner's overlay appearing. Going back into your warframe (or operator) and zooming out on the synthesis scanner will remove the orange tint.
- With the addition to it being joinable by other players, the ability to pause the game, even when joining captura solo, has been disabled.
- You cannot do standing finishers on enemies in this mode in most cases, only finishers on knocked down enemies.
- After it was made so the player has a working arsenal console to change equipment and loadouts the lighting and textures completely changed, and most characters will appear brighter and washed out in the Color Key Scene. A default Mag for example will have the metal rings on her feet appear like a matte plastic, rather than a shiny metal.
- This is similar to the Simulacrum, where players will be coated in an oily texture, but while still remaining their "true" colors and textures as shown in actual missions.
- The pause menu camera is still linked to the player's Warframe/Operator. This can be seen when centering the camera on the character and moving only right or left, and you will notice that the Warframe will not stay centered, as the camera slightly angles itself towards the Warframe.
- Selecting the Slow Motion option will slow down all movement, including pressing the escape button to show the HUD menu and going into the arsenal. This also will delay color changes you make to a weapon after leaving.
- The in-game Chat function is not hidden in any way when in Captura and as such, can get in the way when recording footage of this mode, and is especially intrusive in the Color Key scene. To counter this, the player can either enter the mode in "Friends Only", "Invite Only" or "Public" (although public will allow anyone in your clan/friends list to join you) which will give you the "Squad Chat". This can be used to hide messages from your clan, but will still show the chat icon in the bottom left for a short time when exiting a menu.
- This is only a problem with recording Video of the game, or if the player wants to include the HUD in their screenshots.
- The camera cannot be placed into most objects, enemies, or players, however there is a way to glitch the camera and force it to go into the listed objects and allow cinematic shots and/or PoV shots of weapons. A full tutorial on this can be found here.