“From memories of a past that has yet to be...”This content is exclusive to the Chinese build of WARFRAME.
The Carmine Penta is a special variant of the Penta grenade launcher, featuring a higher fire rate and doubled magazine size. This weapon is currently only obtainable in WARFRAME (China) through a rebate program after purchasing at least ¥1 worth of Platinum.
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Innate Blast damage - effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Physical contact with grenades deal Impact damage.
- Grenades have a blast radius of 5.5 meters.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber does not significantly reduce accuracy.
- Less explosion damage results in less damage dealt to self in comparison to the Ogris.
- Can use Adhesive Blast and the Penta-exclusive Tether Grenades mods.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Can only have five grenades out at once.
- Multishot mod's extra projectiles count towards the limit of five live grenades.
- Low critical and status chance.
- Low reload speed.
- Grenades that have stopped moving have no obvious visual or audio cue (but with "PhysX" enabled they have some sparks when come to complete rest).
- Grenades have slow travel time and heavy arcing.
- Grenades have a high bouncing capability which makes it hard to stack on a desired spot.
- Low maximum ammo capacity.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Grenades deal self-damage if they explode too close to the player, injuring or potentially killing the player if they're not careful with their shots.
- Carmine Penta, compared to Penta:
- Higher fire rate (2.7 rounds/sec vs. 1 round/sec)
- Larger magazine (10 rounds vs. 5 rounds)
- Carmine Penta, compared to Secura Penta:
- Higher secondary attack damage (350.0 vs. 300.0)
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 26%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 26%)
- Higher fire rate (2.7 rounds/sec vs. 2 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (10 rounds vs. 7 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (20 rounds vs. 28 rounds)
- Lack of an innate Sequence effect
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 12)
- See Category:Carmine Penta Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Carmine Penta Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Although it features twice the magazine size of the regular Penta, only a maximum of five grenades can be active.
- Grenades will immediately explode when they hit Blunts, water surface, puddles from Tar Mutalist MOA or Bulwarks
- Carmine refers to a bright red pigment derived from various insects.