The Caustacyst is an Infested Scythe available through clan research. Aside from dealing Corrosive damage, its Charge Attacks create a trail of sludge that damages and staggers enemies who walk into it.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 230||Blueprints Price: 50,000|
|Bio Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Corrosive damage.
- Highest damage of all Scythe weapons, tied with the Reaper Prime.
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized Infested.
- Charge attacks throws a toxic stream of Corrosive acid that covers surfaces and lingers for a while.
- This attack deals damage, status, and critical hits to any enemy who lingers in the toxic pools.
- Enemies stunned by these pools do not have their alert status changed; enemies can be damaged by the pools and still be killed for stealth kills as long as their stun animation is still playing.
- This allows players to launch a pool, then launch up to 3 more charge attacks before the enemy can become alerted.
- High status chance.
- Comes with a polarity.
- stance polarity matches Stalking Fan.
- When performing a charge attack, the Caustacyst throws a toxic wave in the direction of the player's aim. This wave will travel up to 20 meters, dealing Corrosive damage to all enemies it hits. The wave will also leave behind a temporary trail on the ground that deals Corrosive damage to enemies that walk through it. Enemies hit by the wave are also staggered, priming them for melee finishers.
- The Caustacyst is an excellent weapon against the Grineer, allowing for Corrosive and Viral to be used at the same time, as well as additional Heat to attack their health or Electricity for extra stunning capabilities.
- This is the first melee weapon with innate Corrosive damage.
- Embolist, a secondary pistol which shares the same theme.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|