The Caustacyst is an Infested Scythe available through clan research. Aside from dealing Corrosive damage, its Charge Attacks create a trail of sludge that damages and staggers enemies who walk into it.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 230||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Corrosive damage.
- Tied with Reaper Prime for the highest base damage of all scythes.
- Very high status chance.
- Charge Attacks throws a Corrosive wave of up to 20 meters in the direction of the player's aim. The wave leaves a temporary trail on the ground, damaging and staggering enemies standing over it.
- stance polarity matches Stalking Fan.
- Innate polarity.
- When performing a charge attack, the Caustacyst throws a toxic wave in the direction of the player's aim. This wave will travel up to 20 meters, dealing Corrosive damage to all enemies it hits. The wave will also leave behind a temporary trail on the ground that deals Corrosive damage to enemies that stand on it.
- Wave range is not affected by Reach or Primed Reach.
- Wave has infinite Punch Through.
- Enemies hit by the weapon itself from a charge attack receive a guaranteed Slash proc.
- The wave inherits any elemental damage from mods and can proc their status effects, having an approximated 10% base status chance. The residual trail will not proc status.
- Enemies hit by the wave are also staggered, making them vulnerable to melee finishers (default ) and susceptible to stealth damage multipliers.
- Enemies stunned by these pools do not have their alert status changed; enemies can be damaged by the pools and still be killed for stealth kills as long as their stun animation is still playing.
- This allows players to launch a pool, then launch up to 3 more charge attacks before the enemy can become alerted.
- The Caustacyst is an excellent weapon against the Grineer, allowing for Corrosive and Viral to be used at the same time, as well as additional Heat to attack their health or Electricity for extra stunning capabilities.
- This is the first melee weapon with innate Corrosive damage.
- Embolist, a secondary pistol which shares the same theme.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|