Cephalon Suda is one of the six main Syndicates, named after its leader, a Cephalon of immense strength. Suda possesses an unquenchable thirst for knowledge that drives her to scour the Origin System for information. Moreso than others, she values the old knowledge of the Orokin and holds it in high regard. While Suda's hatred of destruction seems benign, her coldness regarding the individual lives within the System is puzzling at best and hypocritical at worst. Suda's exact goals are unknown, and could be the difference between freedom and destruction in the System. She occupies her time analyzing and collating the data her operatives provide her. Whether it was obtained through violence or through acts of kindness is inconsequential, as the singularity she strives from consuming this data is obfuscated and may not come to pass for millennia. As a Cephalon, her arsenal utilizes Cephalon technology similar to that of Cephalon Simaris', as seen with her signature Synoid weapon set.
Tenno who ally themselves with this Syndicate will receive unique Augment Mods for Cephalon Suda's favored weapons after obtaining the title of Wise. The weapons include Bolto, Kestrel, Supra, and Obex.
The unique effect associated with the weapon mods from this syndicate is Entropy.
After obtaining enough Standing to reach the title of Genius, Tenno can exchange Standing for Augment Mods for Cephalon Suda’s favored Warframes that include Banshee, Chroma, Frost, Hydroid, Ivara, Limbo, Mirage, Nezha, Nova,Octavia and Vauban.
|Rank||Title||Sacrifice||Benefits and Consequences||Standing (Minimum to Maximum)|
|5||Genius||Oberon Prime Chassis|| 500,000||Access to Warframe Augment Mods, Syndicate Weapons and Syndicate Syandana||0 to 132,000|
|4||Wise||Lex Prime Receiver|| 250,000||Access to Weapon Augment Mods and Orbiter Sculptures||0 to 99,000|
|3||Intelligent||Orokin Catalyst|| 100,000||Access to Large Team Shield Restore Blueprint and Archwing Weapon components||0 to 70,000|
|2||Intriguing||Forma|| 50,000||Access to Syndicate Void Relic Pack, partial access to Archwing Weapon components||0 to 44,000|
|1||Competent||2 Control Module|| 30,000||Access to Shield Osprey Specter||0 to 22,000|
|0||Initiation||500 Circuits|| 10,000||Access to Cephalon Suda Sigil||5,000|
|-||Neutral||Forma|| 50,000||-||-5,000 to 5,000|
|-1||Debris||Orokin Catalyst|| 100,000||Hunted by Eximus Scavenger Drone Squad||-22,000 to 0|
|-2||Waste||-||-||Hunted by Eximus Scavenger Drone Platoon||-44,000 to 0|
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
In the events of the Octavia's Anthem Quest, Suda's lapses in memory and weakened state allows Hunhow to gain access to her data stream, quietly infiltrating her programming until he eventually takes control. During this quest, you use the power of the Mandachord instrument to allow her to remember who she is, which makes her strong enough to push Hunhow out.
Cephalon Simaris refers to this amalgamation of Cephalon and Sentient as Suda-Hunhow and initially believes it is a lost cause to save her.
It is also revealed during this Quest that most, if not all Cephalons, can link to each other and share information in a collective entanglement known as "The Weave". This connection is a severe weakness, because when it is revealed that a Sentient has begun subverting and controlling Suda, Simaris insists on isolating and destroying Suda before she "infects them all".
Syndicate Rank Quotes:
- "You would make an excellent Cephalon, Tenno!"
- "You are curious. So am I. Cephalon Suda could help you unfold this strange map of existence."
- "You are filled with questions. That's what makes you surprising. Cephalon Suda likes surprises."
- "More organic debris to ignore."
- "A perfect specimen of wasted life."
- "Advancement imminent. I require more data."
- "If this continues, I might care if you come to harm."
Starting Syndicate MissionEdit
- "What an interesting place. I appreciate you doing this task for me."
Sending Death SquadEdit
- "You are a waste and must be erased."
- "I'm adding this to my data under the heading: consequences."
- "What are you curious about?"
- "I hope these interest you."
- "Do you see anything interesting?"
When Purchasing an ItemEdit
- "Fascinating choice."
- "Hmm, I see."
During Octavia's AnthemEdit
Searching the Mandachord partsEdit
- "If you build the Mandachord, I will reward you with the most essential thing I own: my knowledge. I have data pertaining to the Mandachords history and function."
- "First, you must find its component parts. Ordis has been informed of their last known location."
- "Do you hear that music? An echo of the Mandachords sweet harmony. It takes me to another place, another life, where I was...."
- "Please disregard my tangent. The parts are here. Follow the sound to find them."
- "A Mandachord part! For most Cephalons, music is thought to be a glitch of evolution and language. It seems to short circuit an organic minds pattern recognition function. A confusion they find... pleasurable."
- "Fantastic! A second part! For me, music is a lattice, a support to which my vast knowledge clings. Have you ever felt that way? A song that anchors a memory? How a melody or verse returns you to a place you thought forgotten?"
- "Curiosity has rewarded you. I yearn to hear its music. Return to your foundry, and construct the Mandachord at once."
Constructing the MandachordEdit
- "The Mandachord. Its purpose defies all logic, for all it produces is sound. An artifact of irrationality, and yet, I know its power is so much more. Let me explain how it works."
- "The Mandachord? Of course, the Mandachord. Curious. I may have a syndrome decoding error in my archive."
- "I seem to have made an error. Apologies. I do have the promised Mandachord data. Let me correct this. I will lead you to the location where it was originally obtained."
Searching for the first song fragmentEdit
- "Intriguing. I remember these caves, but not the Mandachords relationship to it. You will need to explore deeper. Let your curiosity guide you, as it does my every thought."
- "My data suggested the brutish and disinterested Grineer are searching for sunken Orokin riches to exploit. Wouldn't it be interesting if we were seeking the same?"
- "What are the Grineer doing here? This doesn't make sense. Curious one, are you searching for something?"
- "Oh, this is interesting. I recognize that object. A Hydraulus. An orokin era instrument that produced its sound from water. If I had a humor precept I would construct an ironic witticism regarding its submerged state. How would Ordis say it?"
- "It's damaged, but I wonder if there are trace stress lines from when it was in use. I may be able to-"
- "Strange. I have no archival entry. But...but I know this. It is a piece of Octavia's Anthem. Could this data be compatible with the Mandachord?"
- "I remember. Lua. There is more of the Anthem on Lua. Who are you? What do you want? Oh no, it's happening again!"
Searching the second song fragmentEdit
- "Why have we come to Lua? Have you located the next fragment?"
- "Re-calibrating. Oh yes, you are correct. My records indicate that a fragment was previously discovered in the vicinity. Will you find it?"
- "Lua? Why did we come here? I... I have asked you this already."
- "Simaris was right. This corruption is not benign. I am vanishing."
- "Sentients. But how did they know-? What? He's just an Old War memory. Get out! I won't let you take- my body! My children! I am here!"
- "Tenno! You have to- Children! Find the Anthem!"
- "The Hydraulus! Stop them, they want to- Destroy it!"
- "That song! I- The last fragment! Ordis, tell your operator I am sorry. I am so sorry! I keep forgetting for- for- It's happening again!"
- "Ordis. I remember- Nothing! Now I will reach across the Weave and claim you, one who is called Ordis!"
- "Such a beautiful song."
- "Ordis! Stay away!"
In the datascapeEdit
- "Is that music?"
- "Parity error. I know this song. Who am I?"
- "I am Suda! ...Time sync error. Curious. Why are we here presently? Why do I hear music?"
- "A sentient? How did I survive? Did you assist me, Simaris?"
- "Of course. Still. I am grateful to have benefited from your... glitches. I will share my archives with you. As for you Tenno. You are most likely interested in the rest of the Mandachord records. In Octavia."
- Suda's name may have been derived after a 10th-century Byzantine encyclopedia of the ancient Mediterranean world, In both cases, Suda is possibly derived from the Byzantine Greek word souda, meaning "fortress" or "stronghold"
- Cephalon Suda is the only Syndicate in which the Death Squad is not composed of the Specter reward offered to players when they reach the first rank. She offers a Shield Osprey as a Specter reward but the Death Squad is composed of Scavenger Drones. This is due to the fact that Shield Ospreys have no offensive attacks.
- The Shield Ospreys she offers are armed with laser rifles similar to the Scavenger Drones'.
- According to Cephalon Cordylon, the smaller Cephalon that acts as Suda's enclave is a subroutine deployed when Suda is given a task that requires less than 5% of her processing power. Cordylon also reveals that it is often nicknamed 'Little Jim', sometimes 'Tiny Suda' and rarely (and amusingly) 'that other Cephalon thing' by other Relay personnel.
- According to Cephalon Cordylon, New Loka's negative alignment towards Cephalon Suda are mostly attributed to the former's closed-minded attitude toward technological expansion – To which the main offenders are usually the Cephalons themselves. Mainly, New Loka seeks to purge Earth of any remaining Orokin technology, technology which is the main interest of Suda.
- The Red Veil's violent and notably destructive nature can be the reason they are at odds against Cephalon Suda, who values preservation. While the Veil would have no qualms erasing data and destroying reliquary (even Orokin ones) if it means crippling the enemy, Suda is very much opposed to the thought.
- It is possible that Suda allied herself with the Arbiters of Hexis because of the knowledge they offered regarding the old ways of the Tenno. Warrior scholars who worshipped the way of the old, the Arbiters are most certainly one of the few sources of the past the Orokin left behind.
- According to the mini-comic What Remains, Cephalon Suda was an Archimedian of the Orokin Empire. She willingly became a Cephalon in response to her increasing memory loss impeding her ability to continue her duty as a human.
|Faction||Steel Meridian • Arbiters of Hexis • Cephalon Suda • The Perrin Sequence • Red Veil • New Loka|
|Neutral||Conclave • Cephalon Simaris • Ostron • Solaris United • The Quills|