The Cernos is a Tenno bow, specializing in damaging shields by specializing in Impact damage. Much like other bows, it functions with a charge mechanic, and sports very high accuracy at range, despite the arrow drop. It is most effective against the Corpus as it can easily break through their shields, but is less effective against the Grineer and Infested, due to a lack of other damage types.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Fast charge attacks.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Charged shots have innate Punch Through.
- Allowing it to hit multiple enemies in a line.
- Pinpoint accuracy when aiming .
- Needs to be charged to deal max damage.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Slow firerate renders the Cernos ill-suited for close-range combat.
- Cernos, compared to Cernos Prime:
- Cernos, compared to Rakta Cernos:
- Lower base damage (100.0 vs. 125.0)
- Lower charge attack damage (200.0 vs. 250.0)
- Slower charge time (1.0 s vs. 0.25 s)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 15%)
- Lack of an innate Blight effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 12)
- See Category:Cernos Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Cernos Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Due to the weapon's high Impact damage but low Puncture and Slash damage, consider using this to drain the enemies' shield first then finish them with other weapons which have higher damage where the Cernos lacks. Alternatively, consider making this your main bow for going against Corpus troops, the majority of which have high shields but very low health.
- With a maxed Point Strike and Critical Delay mods, it is possible to raise the Cernos' critical chance to 104.3%, ensuring that all shots will deal critical damage.
- The name "Cernos" means "horn" in Gaulish.
- Being an Impact oriented bow, the Cernos uses arrows with a mace-like head, with a larger impact area. This spreads the kinetic energy of the arrows across a wider area, creating a blunt impact.
- Rakta Cernos, the Red Veil custom version.
- Mutalist Cernos, the Infested version.
- Cernos Prime, the Prime counterpart of this bow.