Joining and Creation
Joining a clan is done by being invited to a clan and accepting the invite.
Clans can be created in the game with the contacts window by typing in a name of a clan that has not yet been created.
- Gives access to clan chat which can be used by every clan member.
- Allows you to be able to contact other players more easily.
- Ability to join session of clan members.
- Possibly to get help from more advanced players.
- Members in your clan list can be removed from the contacts list making it easier to manage.
- Can participate in Clan Dojo construction.
- Gives access to Clan Dojo and advantages in there.
- Allows you to setup a Trading Post allowing you to trade with other people (including non-clan members) using the Trade System.
- Grants access to Research within the Clan Dojo.
Clans are divided by five (six) tiers to keep competitions and Dojo prices "fair." The rankings are determined by the highest level of Barracks in a Clan Dojo. Thus, if a 14 member clan builds a Mountain Barrack, they will have to compete against other Mountain Tier clans as well as pay the resource cost for rooms of a 100-300 member Mountain clan. There is currently no way to downgrade your Clan's Tier, including removing members, deleting the Barracks, and going to Warframe Support; upgrading is permanent as well as the resource costs for that particular tier.
Ghost Clans may have up to 10 members. Clans with fewer than 10 members can recruit until they have 10. To grow farther, they must first build a Shadow Barracks.
Shadow Clans may have up to 30 members. Clans with fewer than 30 members can recruit until they have 30. To grow farther, they must first build a Storm Barracks.
Storm Clans may have up to 100 members. Clans with fewer than 100 members can recruit until they have 100. To grow farther, they must first build a Mountain Barracks.
Mountains Clan may have up to 300 members. Clans with fewer than 300 members can recruit until they have 300. To grow farther, they must first build a Moon Barracks.
Moon Clans may have up to 1000 members. Clans with fewer than 1,000 members can recruit until they have 1,000. A 1,000 person clan cannot grow larger, but they may continue to create clan halls.
If you are in a clan with 1001+ members, please read the following carefully: On August 16, 2013 DE split clans and the first Alliances of Warframe were created. The Split was carried out in 3 Phases. Phase 1: DE froze clans and append a tag to the current clan name to preserve their current clan's stats. The Dojo will not be changeable at this time. DE anticipated this to last about an hour. Phase 2: DE deployed a Hotfix that carried out the split. Phase 3: New clans are created with the Warlords chosen by the original Warlord, with the emblem and Dojos copied over to each clan. When the Alliance is formed, players in those clans will have access to Alliance chat. This is Phase 1 of Alliances as a whole, with more progress coming at a later date for smaller clans.
Ranks and Roles
A clan creator will always start as a "Warlord" and have all roles available to him/her.
The following is the default role assignments with the default rank names.
These may be named and assigned differently within different clans.
|Ruler||May change the roles of other ranks and edit the "clan message"|
|Recruiter||Can invite others to clan|
|Regulator||can discharge/kick from clan|
|Promotion||can promote others to less than or equal to own rank|
|Architect||can draw from clan coffers to build or destroy sections of the Clan Dojo|
|Host||can host the Clan Dojo|
|Treasurer||can withdraw resources from clan vault and modify additional trading taxes|
|Tech||can queue Dojo Research|
- Main article: Clan Dojo
Clan Dojos are the meeting place for a clan as well as a location that Clans can group together to perform Research.
- Main article: Clan Emblem
Clan Emblem is a purchasable equipment that displays a holographic image of your clan's logo on your warframe's right shoulder.
You can also add the Clan Emblem to the side of sentinels.
More about the Emblem:
- Go to your Account Management tab to upload your clan's image.
- Image must be a 128x128 .PNG file.
- Upload fee is 150.
- Optional change fee is 150.
- Upon approval, the image will be implemented in the Clan Emblem in the nearest game hotfix or update.
- Do not upload offensive and inappropriate images. If your image is rejected, you will receive an email from the developer regarding the rejection. Your platinum however, will not be refunded.
- Main Article: Clan List
There are hundreds of clans in Warframe. Many of them are listed right here on the wikia!
|Clan Dojo • Clan List • Duel • Obstacle Course • Research|
|Game||Clan • Credits • Foundry • Key Bindings • Login Rewards • Mastery Rank • Mods • Platinum • Polarization • Weapon Types|
|Mission||Cell • Challenge Reward • Game Modes • Maneuvers • Hacking • Tile Sets • Missions • Pickups • Stealth|
|Mathematical||Affinity • Damage • Experience • Warframe Attributes|