Cleaving Whirlwind is a Stance mod for Heavy Blade melee weapons. It is a momentum-based stance whose slow, sweeping attacks deal high damage in coned or radial areas around the wielder.
Can be equipped on:
✓ denotes weapon with matching Stance polarity
|Combo Name||Button Combination|
|Broken Bull||2x400% 2x400% 2x400% 2x400% 2x400% 2x400% 2x400%|
|Sundered Tusk||+ 3x|
| Slide +
| In Air +
| Wall Dash +
|Knockdowned Enemy + 400%|
|360° Attack Slam Attack Proc|
- The Broken Bull Combo involves spinning the blade in a 360 arc around the Warframe while moving forward with each press of the melee key after the Pause. This can be used to hit multiple enemies in a large area.
- Each spin deals 300% bonus damage.
- Hits twice in each spin.
- There is actually a third hit at the end portion of the spins animation, just before another spin is started.
- Can be used while sprinting.
- Attempting to continue the combo after the 7th spin results in the Warframe staggering.
- Both Drifting Stampede and Sundered Tusk's final hits ragdoll enemies rather than simply knocking them down.
- Drifting Stampede's 4th dashing attack deals 100% bonus damage.
- Broken Bull punishes mindless mashing by causing the Tenno to lose their balance and stagger if they try to continue spinning after the 7th spin. Cancel the combo or chain into Crowd Fall to maintain combo momentum.
- The stagger after the 7th swing is shortened dramatically with strong attack speed buffs such as Valkyr's Warcry and Volt's Speed. While under these buffs, spamming mindlessly is punished far less severely.
- With careful timing, one could achieve the third hit within the Broken Bull spin by turning 90 degrees clockwise after the second hit has landed.
- The final strike in Drifting Stampede is identical to the final strike of Shattering Storm's Falling Rock, without the ground slam.
- Crowd Fall is the standard combo for most Heavy Blade melee weapons without a Stance mod on.