|Samples a target of interest for later analysis in your Codex (25 charges).|
The Codex Scanner is the device used to fill the Codex as its process is to scan objects and enemies that will provide necessary information for the players as they can encounter these targets again.
The device is also a capable phase detector, allowing the user to see enemies, destructible objects and important objects through walls and obstructions. It is a distance measuring device that determines the distance between the user and the facing end, maximum distance of both features is 50 meters.
This can be purchased in a set of 25 pieces from the Gear section of the Market.
- While the scanner is active in game, both primary and secondary weapons will be holstered. Melee still works normally. Also, idle animations used in Dojo are activated.
- Stealth scans give players more experience and also count as 2 scans.
- You can only carry 100 at a time in a mission.
- If you try to scan the same enemy, object or Sentinel a second time it will not scan. Instead it will say "Target Already Scanned" and make a soft beeping noise. Attempting to scan a fellow Warframe will also display this message (even if it is not possible to scan a fellow player).
- The Phase scan ability of the Codex Scanner works in a delay of 3 seconds, with 1 second after a blip will cause the detected objects to fade quickly, this can also be heard as a small blip sound.
- Provided that the scanner can see objects through walls, it can be used to detect hidden passageways, via detection of hidden objects, to treasure sections.
- The vision opened, using the Codex Scanner, is directed as 1st Person of a weapon instead of the prior 1st Person of the current Warframe.
- The Codex Scanner can be used on clones from Nekros' ability Shadows of the Dead.
- The Codex Scanner can be used on Sentinels. This includes both your ally's and your own.
- The screen will darken when you are zooming in to take a scan.
- The Codex Scanner can be used on Explosive Barrels, Reinforced Glass, Security Consoles, and other miscellaneous objects, but only give you 10 Affinity .
- The Codex Scanner can be "reloaded" in-game. The marker inside the targeting reticule that shows reload progress will appear. It is "reloaded" in 2 seconds and seems to serve no in-game purpose.
- During the Cicero Crisis and on the upcoming Earth tileset, the Codex Scanner can be used to scan certain plant life and acquire components to build antitoxins.
- As of Update 11.0.5 if you are downed while holding your Codex Scanner you will not be able to use your secondary weapon and will look like you are holding a gun, even though there is nothing in the hand.
- Currently, on any mission with a Datamass to be carried, the codex can be used to allow for free switching of weapons without dropping the datamass. This is done by holding your primary weapon, then switching to your Codex Scanner, then picking up the Datamass. You will pick up the datamass and your weapon will be switched to your primary. The datamass can still be used as needed, however it cannot be dropped.
- If you aim with the Codex sight, then switch to a gun while aiming, the screen color will stay the same as the Codex Scanner filter. This can be beneficial for sight in bright areas such as Phobos, or detrimental for sight in situations such as a coolant leak on a ship.