Combustion Beam causes enemies killed by beam weapons to explode, dealing up to 600 damage shortly after death.
- Combustion Beam is only usable on primary continuous weapons.
- Combustion beam essentially functions as a weaker Molecular Prime (chain reaction effect), making it effective at clearing weak low level enemies very rapidly.
- Damage is spread out over ~15m and diminishes with distance.
- Enemies and the environment may block the AoE effect from reaching them, making it less consistent against tight crowds of enemies.
- Enemies who are vaporized when killed (e.g. Volatile Runner) will not activate the bonus damage effect.
- On the Ignis, the mod is generally unnecessary considering the weapon hits all enemies in a large cone, but it does contribute large amounts of extra damage when enemies are killed by the weapon.
- The extra damage has no knock down or stunning effect as associated with a Blast proc, it does however add the extra damage as an unknown damage type.
- Because the Panthera's secondary fire has a continuous and fixed range, Combustion Beam can also be equipped on it. Enemies killed by either the primary or secondary fire will trigger the explosion.