Concealed Explosives is a mod that gives certain thrown secondary weapons a chance of exploding on impact of a surface or an enemy.
It can be used on the following weapons:
- The explosion deals 250 Blast damage to the target, as well as to nearby enemies within 10 meters of the blast, and it does NOT scale with distance.
- The blast radius cannot be modified by any means.
- The explosion will deal 70 damage to the player, as well as knocking them down, if the Blast element procs.
- The explosive damage from this mod cannot be increased with base damage, such as Hornet Strike, and elemental mods such as Heated Charge, but it will be increased by Expel mods, like Expel Infested.
- This mod can not be used on any other secondary, including the (Sancti) Castanas, Pox and Talons.
- The explosions are silent.
- Pair with high-rank Multishot for maximum effect. You will have a 98.56% chance of at least one explosion at max rank with a maxed Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent. You will have a 40.96% chance of three explosions.
- Damage can be increased with Rhino's Roar.
- When facing groups of enemies at medium to long range, maximize splash damage by aiming for a nearby wall or floor surface rather than directly at an enemy.
- Unlike Thunderbolt, Mirage's Hall of Mirrors clones do not deal the full damage of the explosions.
- Because of its high fire rate and clip size, non-primed Hikou is an excellent candidate for this mod. With maxed Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, and Gunslinger, it can achieve 180% multishot and a fire rate over 15 rounds per second, making 250 damage per shot have excellent DPS. In addition, it is very likely to proc Blast multiple times when firing at enemies.
- Thunderbolt, the bow version.