|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 24 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Alternate Fire spreads the beams outward and continuously sweeps back and forth, good for covering sides.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Has a polarity.
- Lowest damage of all shotguns.
- Limited range of 30 meters.
- Does not deal full damage at the crosshair until both beams are aligned.
- The Convectrix fires two beams with a length of 25 meters from its twin emitters, which move into position when the fire button is held. If using primary fire, the beams are emitted at the sides and then converge into the center of aim; if using secondary fire, the beams begin from the center and then diverge outwards.
- The beams will deal damage to any enemies and objects caught within their length.
- Maximum beam divergence spread is affected by Tainted Shell and Vicious Spread, respectively narrowing and widening the beam's initial spread.
- Using the secondary mode will cause the beams to start connected and spread out slowly, although using a massive increase of ammo as a result.
- The weapon's listed damage is split between the two beams, thus each beam deals half of the listed damage, per second.
- The most similar weapon to the Convectrix is the Phage, an Infested continuous shotgun weapon that also fires beams. The difference being the Convectrix only has two beams and the beams will automatically move toward the center of the reticle instead of having to use the zoom function like the Phage.
- May also be compared to the Quanta and Quanta Vandal which are continuous fire laser rifles, or to the Flux Rifle, an earlier Corpus tech continuous slash focused laser rifle, or Spectra, a puncture focused Corpus tech secondary weapon.
- The Convectrix can use the Combustion Beam mod to deal damage to enemies in range upon death.
- Sinister Reach can be used to increase the Convectrix's range.
- Consider using Shotgun Ammo Mutation to help regain ammo, especially in long duration mission types.
- Vicious Spread has no effect at all on the beams when they are combined. While it slightly increases the radius of its sweeping pattern, the weapon converges the beams fast enough that it's not noticeable.
- The Convectrix has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, similar to Slash focused melee weapons. This makes the Convectrix a prime candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- Convectrix is likely derived from the word convex. A convex lens refracts multiple beams of parallel light to single focal point. This is similar to how the Convectrix works when the fire button is held, having two beams of energy converging to a single point.
- May also refer to the words convene (v. to come together) or converge (v. to tend to meet in a point or line; incline toward each other, as lines that are not parallel.) which share similar origin and meaning.
- When the beams are converged on an enemy, a singeing or burning sound can be heard, unique to the Convectrix.
- Using the secondary fire mode will flash "540" as your reserve ammo count, regardless of how much reserve ammo you actually have. This bug is only visual and the ammo count returns to normal apon release.
- Flux Rifle, a Corpus beam weapon that utilizes a single beam.