|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Energy Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Heat damage, and has the ability to regenerate its own ammo.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Infested and Cloned Flesh.
- High status chance for a beam weapon.
- Guaranteed Heat proc.
- Does not need ammo; regenerates over time.
- Has an innate punch through of 2 meters.
- Low crit chance and crit damage.
- Small magazine size.
- Increasing the magazine results in a slightly longer time to fully recharge ammo.
- Has a 2.5 second delay before recharging ammo if the weapon still has ammo left when given the chance to reload.
- Long total reload delay of 5 seconds if the weapon is allowed to run completely dry.
- Very limited attack range.
- Ammo starts to regenerate after 5 seconds of not firing the weapon when the magazine is empty and 2.5 seconds otherwise. This regeneration delay is affected by reload speed mods like Quickdraw and Stunning Speed. The regeneration rate is 20 Ammo/Second.
- The Cycron's beam has a maximum range of 20 meters.
- The Cycron is guaranteed to inflict the Heat status effect on enemies regardless of its actual status chance. It also retains this ability even if the weapon's actual damage type has been changed through elemental damage mods.
- This makes the Cycron an excellent weapon for multiple elemental builds as its innate Heat status and a high status chance for other elemental procs allow it to take down enemies quickly with procs alone.
- Even if equipped with Eject Magazine, the Cycron will not bypass its 5 seconds regeneration delay when holstered. Instead, the mod will simply accelerate the rate at which ammo is regenerated when holstered, once the delay is over.
- If built with 100%+ status (which can be achieved with two dual-stat elemental mods and a Lethal Torrent mod) with two elemental types (e.g., corrosive+blast, viral+radiation), the first damage tick after a trigger press guarantees a status proc in addition to the innate guaranteed Heat proc. For example, with a 100%+ status Corrosive+Blast build, if the player presses the trigger and hits an enemy, the enemy is guaranteed to be afflicted with either Corrosive or Blast, plus the innate Heat status effect. Damage ticks after the initial tick do not guarantee such procs, even with 100%+ status chance.
- The time it takes to reload can be decreased further with Mesa as her passive reduces the reload in single pistols, and/or a Chroma with a Toxic Elemental Ward with high power strength. Although due to how reload mods work, it will not feel significantly faster with either.
- With the new dual wielding feature from Update 21, the Cycron pairs quite well with a Condition Overload Glaive weapon. Being capable of triggering much more status effects with 2 weapons in hand and the convenience of reloading the Cycron while attacking with your melee.
- The Cycron is the first weapon to use the ammo regeneration mechanic outside of Archwing.
- Currently, the Cycron can use the Fatal Acceleration mod, despite not being a projectile-firing weapon.