Impact Damage is one of the three physical damage types. Impact damage is effective at quickly draining Corpus shields, but it does comparatively less to bodies themselves. It is strictly agnostic about the Infested.
The status effect of Impact damage is Knockback, causing the targets to briefly stagger, wasting their precious moments recovering instead of fighting. This status effect is immediately removed from the target's HUD after the effect is applied. If the target is killed during an Impact proc, their corpse will ragdoll away.
As a physical damage type, Impact procs occur less often than elemental procs from the same weapon. In addition, these procs occur in proportion to the other physical damage types–a weapon that deals 15, 10, and 5 will proc Knockback 50% more often than Weakened and 200% more often than Bleed.
|Grineer Health||Impact Modifier||Corpus Health||Impact Modifier||Infested Health||Impact Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||+50%||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||+25%||Fossilized|
Impact Damage WeaponsEdit
These weapons deal more than a majority of their physical damage as Impact. The damage ratio is important for physical damage status effects, because the game weights the likelihood of which proc occurs according to physical damage ratio. Hence, these weapons proc Knockback more than Bleed or Weakened.
See Category:Impact Damage Weapons for a complete listing.
Misc. Impact SourcesEdit
- Banshee: Sonic Boom.
- Excalibur: Radial Javelin.
- Hydroid: Tempest Barrage, and Tidal Surge.
- Loki: Decoy (has a chance to cause Impact procs), and Radial Disarm.
- Nekros: Soul Punch.
- Oberon: Smite, and Reckoning.
- Rhino: Rhino Charge.
- Valkyr: Paralysis, and Hysteria (Weapon).
- Zephyr: Tail Wind, and Dive Bomb.
- Impact damage can be procced on players by enemies, however only the sound effect will play, and the player will not be staggered nor have the Status displayed on their hud.
- Impact damage is one of three base damage stats (the other being Puncture and Slash) which replaced the previous Bullet and Physics Impact damage types of weapons.
|Offense||Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Critical Hit • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Health • Shields • Armor|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash • Finishing|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|