Puncture Damage is one of the three physical damage types that most weapons possess. It deals bonus damage against metal and armored targets (e.g. Ferrite Armor), but performs poorly against shields. Puncture mods modify the base stats of a weapon's puncture damage instead of the full damage.
Puncture Damage applies a status effect of Weakened, causing the victim to inflict 30% less damage over a duration of 6 seconds.
Puncture Damage WeaponsEdit
These weapons deal more than a majority of their physical damage as Puncture. The damage ratio is important for physical damage status effects, because the game weights the likelihood of which proc occurs according to physical damage ratio. Hence, these weapons proc Weakened more than Knockback or Bleed.
See Category:Puncture Damage Weapons for a complete listing.
Misc. Puncture SourcesEdit
- Excalibur: Radial Javelin (exactly 1/3 of damage caused is Puncture)
- Loki: Decoy (has a chance to cause Puncture procs)
- Oberon: Smite (forced Puncture procs from projectile damage)
- Valkyr: Hysteria (Weapon)
- Rhino: Iron Shrapnel
- Rhino: Piercing Roar
- With the changes in Damage 2.0 there are some weapons without puncture damage, such as Lanka and Ignis. Weapons with no base puncture damage are unaffected by the mods above.
|Offense||Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Critical Hit • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Health • Shields • Armor|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash • Finishing|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|