True Damage is a unique damage type which has no damage modifier against any health (including shields) or armor type and ignores the damage reduction from Armor, therefore it will cause the same amount of damage against any enemy. It is primarily available through most melee finishers, but also used by Bleed and a few Warframe abilities.
- True Damage is not innately available on any weapon and can also not be added through mods.
- Does not produce any kind of status effect.
- Is not increased by buffs to physical or elemental damage.
- Due to armor-ignoring properties very useful against high-level Grineer and most Bosses.
- As example, an unmodded Skana against a level 10 Bombard:
- Normal Attack: 35 × = 7.76
- If that damage were dealt as True Damage: 35 = 35
|Grineer Health||True Modifier||Corpus Health||True Modifier||Infested Health||True Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||(Ignored)||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||(Ignored)||Proto Shield||Fossilized|
Sources of True DamageEdit
- Stealth Finisher as well as Front- and Back-Finishers
- Inaros' Devour
- Mag's Polarize
- If the enemy has armor, the armor value gets reduced and deals True Damage equal to the armor removed.
- Bleed, the status effect of Slash Damage
- Damage from Slash procs also bypasses shields.
- Trinity's Energy Vampire and Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm
- Damage from these abilities also bypasses shields.
Abilities dealing True DamageEdit
Project fierce shadow clones of Ash upon groups of distant enemies. Join the fray using Teleport.
|Strength:750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 (damage)|
|Misc:3 (max. marks per enemy)|
2 (number of Shadow Clones)
Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
|Strength:25 / 50 / 75 / 125 (initial damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 250 (max damage)
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 30 / 40 / 50 m (cast and tether range)|
|Misc:2 s (damage ramp-up)|
5 (damage ticks per second)
≥ 15 s (Sand Shadow duration)
Emit an energy pulse that depletes enemy shields and armor, creating shards which become deadly when mixed with Magnetize. Shields of allies touched by the pulse are restored.
|Strength:250 / 300 / 350 / 400 (damage)|
1x / 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x (damage multiplier)
|Duration:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 s (pulse travel time)|
|Range:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (initial and explosion radius)|
|Misc:5.9 m/s (pulse travel speed)|
Tap to spawn watery tentacles from all nearby surfaces to wreak havoc. Charge to increase the number of tentacles and spawn area. Use while in Undertow to have the tentacles emerge from the pool.
|Strength:75 / 150 / 225 / 300 (contact damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 200 (capture damage per second)
|Duration:10 / 13 / 18 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 3 / 5 / 5 m (base radius)|
9 / 9 / 15 / 15 m (charged radius)
|Misc:∞ (cast range)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 (tentacles)
8 / 12 / 16 / 20 (charged tentacles)
Allies will gain energy over time when enemies are marked with Energy Vampire.
|Strength:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 (restored energy)|
6.25% (damage percentage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 9 s|
|Range:100 m (cast range)|
15 / 17 / 20 / 25 m (pulse radius)
Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the area, creating a protective sphere with brief invulnerability to boost its strength.
|Strength:5x (armor multiplier)|
3000 / 4000 / 4500 / 5000 (base health)
? / ? / ? / 150 (explosion damage)
|Misc:1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (invulnerability duration)|
40% / 50% / 60% / 67% (slow)
- Frost creates a protective globe of ice with a diameter of 10 meters, a base health of 3000 / 4000 / 4500 / 5000, and additional health equal to 500% of Frost's base armor bonuses. Upon activation, the globe is invulnerable for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds. Incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted into health and added to the globe's health.
- Base health and armor multiplier are affected by Ability Strength.
- Snow Globe's health uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength:
Modified Health = (Base Health + 5 × Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus) × (1 + Ability Strength) + Absorbed Damage.
- While active, a health counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks the health percentage of the most recently placed Snow Globe from 100% to 0%.
- Frost and his allies do not contribute to Snow Globe's health gain by shooting the globe during the invulnerability period.
- Invulnerability duration is not affected by Ability Duration.
- Globe radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Upon activation, Snow Globe freezes enemies within its radius over a duration of ? / ? / ? / 3 seconds while violently pushing them outwards. If the enemies hit obstacles, they can be dealt as much as 50% of their maximum health as True damage. Enemies that enter the globe will have their attack/movement speed reduced by 40% / 50% / 60% / 67%.
- Most gunfire, both friendly and hostile, is blocked from entering the globe (gunfire can exit the globe normally). Abilities which are not area-of-effect in nature (e.g., Shuriken) are blocked as well.
- Before The War Within Update, Area-of-effect blasts from the attacks of Grineer Napalms and Bombards penetrated the globe, as well as their respective stagger, knockdown, and burn procs. However, a globe large enough could prevent these areal attacks from hitting players in the direct center or on the opposite end of the globe. Since Update 19 The War Within, these attacks don't penetrate the globe anymore.
- Snow Globe will not block direct-targeted attacks, such as Soul Punch, Shock, and Smite. It will block attacks with Punch Through, but not Railgun MOA projectiles.
- Casting Freeze onto the exterior of a globe will destroy it, triggering an icy explosion that deals ? / ? / ? / 150 Cold damage in an area of effect.
- Snow Globe can be recast multiple times, but there are restrictions on the number of globes that can be created in the environment.
- A maximum of 4 separate Snow Globes can be cast at any given time. Casting Snow Globe after reaching the maximum will remove the oldest globe.
- Casting Snow Globe while inside an existing globe will remove the older globe and combine the total remaining health values of both globes for the newer one. The invulnerability period is reactivated for each cast.
- Snow Globes created inside existing globes do not count toward the maximum number of instances, and Snow Globe's health can stack with repeated casts until reaching a maximum combined health of 1,000,000.
- Main article: Chilling Globe
- Maximized Ability Strength along with Steel Fiber and Armored Agility will add up to a total health of 26,386.75 (using Arcane Squall Helmet and Arcane Guardian is recommended, because they increase Snow Globe's health even further).
- Place over a cryopod in defense missions to shield it from all incoming fire.
- Maximized Ability Duration will reduce the globe's radius to 1.7 meters, allowing the globe to protect a cryopod without obstructing friendly fire.
- Maximized Ability Range will create a snow globe that can cover large areas, making it ideal for slowing down large numbers of enemy units or melee-oriented Bosses. Bear in mind however that this strategy runs the risk of incapacitating or even killing players wielding explosive weapons, and generally makes it difficult for players outside the globe from attacking enemies inside it. As such, use this strategy at your own discretion.
- When a teammate is downed, place a Snow Globe over him/her to protect you while reviving.
- When facing a boss with ranged attacks, do not place a Snow Globe on it. Instead, place it where your team is to protect them from incoming damage.
- The particle effect inside the globe can distract players' vision. Having a black energy color will remove this particle effect entirely, allowing better vision inside the globe.
- Recasting the ability after 4 seconds while remaining inside the Snow Globe will allow to sustain an impenetrable Snow Globe, that will grow stronger and stronger. This is due to the fact that it absorbs the enemy fire into its health and adds this health to the next Globe, as long as it is cast inside the first one.
- Particularly useful in T4 Defense, since the enemies will quickly reach a level where it does not matter how much base health your Snow Globe has.
- Snow Globe's ability to temporarily freeze and push away enemies can be an effective way to rapidly clear a large safe area to revive teammates or remove enemies attacking a defense objective.
- Using Freeze to detonate a Snow Globe can also be done while inside another globe. This will not affect the globe you are in. If multiple globes overlap, it is possible to shatter a globe which protrudes into another globe by aiming at the part inside your globe.
- It is possible to detonate the Snow Globe that you are in in some Corpus or Void missions by bouncing Freeze off the Bubble of a Nullifier Crewman.(Results May be unpleasant)
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces range to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 14 meters.
- Reduces base health to 2600, armor multiplier to 2x, and explosion damage to 60.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases base health to 26780, armor multiplier to 20.6x, and explosion damage to 618.
- With Steel Fiber, Armored Agility and Gladiator Aegis at max rank increases base health to 8000.
- Adding Maximized Ability Strength to this increases base health to 32960.
- The term "True Damage" is player-created and not used in the game.
- Previously, the term "Finishing Damage" was used, often leading to confusion with Finisher attacks.
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|