|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints:N/A|
The Dark Dagger blueprint can be acquired from Alert missions.
This weapon deals Radiation damage.
- Innate Radiation damage – effective against Alloy Armor and Robotic enemies.
- High attack speed.
- Can use the Dark Dagger-exclusive Gleaming Blight mod.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality mod.
- Small jump attack radius.
- This attack cannot knockdown enemies, but has a higher chance for a Radiation proc than basic attacks.
- Very short range.
- Stance slot has a polarity, incompatible with all current stances (Pointed Wind, Homing Fang, and Stinging Thorn) unless repolarized using Forma.
- Low critical chance and multiplier.
- Dark Dagger, compared to Rakta Dark Dagger:
- Lower base damage (35.0 vs. 50.0)
- Lower attack speed (0.92 vs. 1)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 8)
- See Category:Dark Dagger Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Dark Dagger Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Oddly, the Dark Dagger uses a polarity for its stance slot, which means it will receive less mod capacity from Pointed Wind (), Homing Fang (), and Stinging Thorn (), the only stance mods for daggers. It is recommended that the stance slot be repolarized into the desired polarity if one wishes to keep using the Dark Dagger for optimal modding.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Dark Dagger adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc, despite the fact that the Dark Dagger has no physical damage element. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
- Because this weapon deals innate Radiation damage, two more combined elemental types can be added to form a three-element build. With a Corrosive and Blast combo, the Dark Dagger can be made into an anti-Grineer weapon capable of defeating Ferrite Armor, Alloy Armor and Machinery. This same build also makes it effective against Corrupted.
- The Dark Dagger and its longer version the Dark Sword were previously physical damage weapons. Update 13.0 changed them to deal purely Radiation damage on their normal attacks, making them the first melee weapons to do so.
- Prior to Update 19, the Dark Dagger and the Dark Sword used exactly the same image for the Arsenal and Codex.
Dark Dagger Skins
- Dark Sword, the longsword version of this weapon.
- Gleaming Blight, a Dark Dagger exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Rakta Dark Dagger, the Red Veil variant of this weapon.
- Dark Split-Sword, the hybrid version of this weapon