The Dark Sword is a longsword that deals innate Radiation damage per hit.
|Time: 12 hr|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
The Dark Sword blueprint can be acquired from Alert missions.
This weapon deals primarily Radiation damage.
- Innate Radiation damage, highly effective against Alloy Armor and Robotic enemies.
- Jump attacks are very effective at knocking down multiple enemies at once.
- 100% Radiation status proc on ground finisher.
- Deals Toxin damage on Jump Attack.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Iron Phoenix stance.
- Can only target one enemy at a time.
- Slow swing speed compared to other swords.
- Main article: Category:Dark Sword Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- Normal attacks have a little area of effect, and when enemies are close a portion of the damage is spread, much like Scindo. It is very noticeable when using elemental mods, as the visual effect is applied with the damage too.
- Because this weapon deals innate Radiation damage, two more combined elemental types can be added to form a three-element build. With a Corrosive and Blast combo, the Dark Sword can be made into an anti-Grineer weapon capable of defeating Ferrite Armor, Alloy Armor and Machinery. This same build also makes it effective against Corrupted.
- By using the Iron Pheonix stance, you can hit more than one target.
- The Dark Sword and its shorter counterpart the Dark Dagger were previously physical damage weapons. Update 13 changed them to deal purely Radiation damage on their normal attacks, making them the first melee weapons to do so.