Defection is a game mode introduced in Update 19.12 for the The Pacifism Defect event. This game mode tasks players with escorting small squads of evacuees to an extraction point, while defending against the Infested.
Players start near a shuttle bay room, which the evacuees must reach in order to escape the ship. The mission begins once a player hacks the door leading out of the shuttle bay.
Evacuees will spawn 30 seconds after the mission officially begins, and every 40 seconds after the previous group is rescued, though this countdown can be set to zero instantly if one player activates a rush panel indicated by an orange icon. These Evacuees will then head towards the nearest Med Boosters, a structure that will heal nearby Evacuees with a green beam. Med Boosters will consume power as they heal evacuees, with more survivors resulting in faster energy drain. To keep the Med Boosters powered, players can acquire Power Cells dropped by Mutalist Osprey Carriers, which they can carry to a Med Booster to recharge its power by 20% (40% for solo play) per Power Cell. Players must issue a Move Out command on the evacuees to make them proceed to the shuttle bay for extraction.
After two groups of survivors have been evacuated, the player's extraction point will be opened up, and the second Med Booster will spawn in a different location of the map (B). After two more groups have been evacuated, a third Med Booster will spawn along with opening up more of the map (C). From this point on, points B and C will begin hosting a group of evacuees, with them both pathing to A's Med Booster, and then to their evac location.
Evacuees will slowly take damage over time from the Infested spores in the air. Downed evacuees will quickly bleed out, and will die unless revived by players. If 10 evacuees are killed, the Lotus will abort all further evacuation efforts; no more evacuees will spawn, any evacuees still alive on the map will not count toward the player's totals if they reach the shuttle, and the players will have five minutes to extract.
Grineer Manics will spawn periodically upon the second Med Booster being opened, and will attempt to attack the evacuees. Killing these Manics will make them drop Large Power Cells, identifiable by their white energy glow, which can instantly restore a Med Booster to 100%.
Every 7 squads rescued will cause enemy Red Veil Operatives or Fanatics to spawn. They are essentially the same units encountered during the Chains of Harrow Quest. They will primarily target the Evacuees during the mission and scale in level as the mission progresses (confirmation needed). This will occur regardless of player standing towards that Syndicate; killing them will not lower Standing towards them either.
|Phobos||Memphis||Infestation||15 - 25||1|
|Saturn||Caracol||Infestation||26 - 36||2|
|Neptune||Yursa||Infestation||30 - 40||3|
Besides the bonus amounts of materials, experience, and mods from the increase in enemies compared to normal missions, certain rewards can be awarded as the mission progresses. Mission rewards will vary depending on mission tier (based on starting enemy level, and listed in the above table), and mission rotation, based on the number of squads evacuated.
- Drop Rotation (rewards cycle every 8 squads):
- Rotation A: 2, 4 squads; 10, 12 squads; etc.
- Rotation B: 6 squads; 14 squads; etc.
- Rotation C: 8 squads; 16 squads; etc.
- Rewards stack the longer you play.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|500 Credit Cache||14.29%||Bane of Corrupted||4.51%||Harrow Systems Blueprint||7.52%|
|1000 Credit Cache||14.29%||Cleanse Corrupted||4.51%||Enduring Strike||7.52%|
|1500 Credit Cache||14.29%||Expel Corrupted||4.51%||Quickening||7.52%|
|2000 Credit Cache||14.29%||Intensify||4.51%||Lith A2 Relic||9.68%|
|15 Endo||14.29%||Smite Corrupted||4.51%||Lith B2 Relic||9.68%|
|50 Endo||14.29%||Lith A2 Relic||9.68%||Lith H1 Relic||9.68%|
|80 Endo||14.29%||Lith B2 Relic||9.68%||Lith N3 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith H1 Relic||9.68%||Lith T1 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith N3 Relic||9.68%||Lith V2 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith T1 Relic||9.68%||Lith V3 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith V2 Relic||9.68%||Lith V4 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith V3 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith V4 Relic||9.68%|
- Memphis, Phobos
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|1500 Credit Cache||16.67%||Bane of Corrupted||5.64%||Harrow Systems Blueprint||11.28%|
|2000 Credit Cache||16.67%||Cleanse Corrupted||5.64%||Enduring Strike||11.28%|
|2500 Credit Cache||16.67%||Expel Corrupted||5.64%||Neo B2 Relic||12.91%|
|15 Endo||16.67%||Smite Corrupted||5.64%||Neo H1 Relic||12.91%|
|50 Endo||16.67%||Meso C3 Relic||8.6%||Neo S7 Relic||12.91%|
|80 Endo||16.67%||Meso G1 Relic||8.6%||Neo S8 Relic||12.91%|
|Meso N4 Relic||8.6%||Neo V2 Relic||12.91%|
|Meso N5 Relic||8.6%||Neo V5 Relic||12.91%|
|Meso O1 Relic||8.6%|
|Meso S2 Relic||8.6%|
|Meso S5 Relic||8.6%|
|Meso S6 Relic||8.6%|
|Meso V5 Relic||8.6%|
- Caracol, Saturn
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|2000 Credit Cache||25%||Bane of Corrupted||5.64%||Harrow Systems Blueprint||11.28%|
|2500 Credit Cache||25%||Cleanse Corrupted||5.64%||Life Strike||11.28%|
|3000 Credit Cache||25%||Expel Corrupted||5.64%||Axi E2 Relic||15.49%|
|240 Endo||25%||Smite Corrupted||5.64%||Axi N4 Relic||15.49%|
|Neo B2 Relic||12.91%||Axi N5 Relic||15.49%|
|Neo H1 Relic||12.91%||Axi O1 Relic||15.49%|
|Neo S7 Relic||12.91%||Axi V6 Relic||15.49%|
|Neo S8 Relic||12.91%|
|Neo V2 Relic||12.91%|
|Neo V5 Relic||12.91%|
- Yursa, Neptune
- Trinity's Blessing affects defectors, essentially making her a mobile healing beacon and is a massive advantage in any defection missions. A maximum efficiency and energy capacity build can make for a large breathing room in later stages of a defection run.
- Likewise, Trinity's Well Of Life can be used in a pinch to create a temporary healing beacon. Given the mob density common in infested tilesets, A resourceful Trinity with a duration build can create additional healing beacons along the defectors' path.
- Loki's Switch Teleport affects individual defectors and can be utilized to cover grounds very quickly given a clear line of sight. A resourceful Loki can essentially save defectors who are in a pinch but are otherwise close to extraction or are stuck in their path due to the environment, mitigating weight of the responsibility from other support frames such as Trinity, Limbo, and/or Oberon. Otherwise a Loki is great addition to a cell running defections. It is good to note that the augment Safeguard Switch seems to protect from damage but not the health drain for the time being.
- Loki's Decoy can be used to distract some infested aggro from defectors provided it is within their vicinity. This can prove useful in a mid-tier scaled stretch of a defection run to provide a few seconds worth of relief should things go south.
- Loki's Radial Disarm Radiation procs can create some breathing room if need be, though it is risky. Use with caution when surrounded by infested because they may still target the defectors if they are close enough.
- Limbo's Banish with his Haven augment can help in a pinch but may be impractical on the long run and can turn out to be a hindrance for Trinity players or others in general.
- Limbo's Stasis on the other hand can be a massive help if used right, essentially halting infested mob's progression to the defectors thus granting safe passage for the defectors.
- Mirage's Eclipse with the Total Eclipse augment can help defectors' survival on longer defection runs. An extended duration and range build is recommended to ensure a whole cluster of defectors gets the bonus per individual cast.
- Destroying containers can drop additional powercells as well, including Large ones.
- Oberon's Renewal can give the defectors very high energy regeneration allowing them to out-heal most of the health drain they experience. This can also allow them to out-heal other damage sources like toxin clouds, etc.
- When running solo, there is only one squad that consists of 3 evacuees that need to be evacuated throughout the mission regardless of its rotation and amount of med boosters available.
- The Shuttle Bay room used as the evacuation point is the same room used on Capture missions as the target's escape room.
- Defectors who are allowed to bleed out for too long die, causing a special Infested Charger to spawn from a pod from their body. These special chargers have a their own codex entry that requires 3 scans.
|PvE||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assassination • Assault • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Infested Salvage • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Recovery • Rescue • Rush • Sabotage (Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival • Trial|
|PvP||Duel • Solar Rail Conflict|
Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro
|Alert • Crossfire • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Quest • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure • Free Roam|