The Despair is a set of throwing knives with micronic edges, used by the Stalker.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Can penetrate straight through enemies, allowing it to hit multiple enemies if lined up
- Has two polarity slots, ideal for Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion mods.
- High base damage.
- Fast reload speed.
- Slow Fire Rate.
- The arc of each throw, although random, still allows you to accomplish headshots on enemies behind cover.
- Non-hitscan weapon. Despair is fired in arcs, making it hard to hit at longer ranges, as well as has a travel time making headshots harder to hit.
- Although listed as 100% accurate, the Despair has a slight random spread with every throw, making long range targets more difficult to hit.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- See Category:Despair Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Despair Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn how to lead your target. In short, leading means aiming ahead of your target so the projectile still hits him. It can be a challenge to learn it, low level Grineer are recommended for practicing.
- Despair daggers are affected by the mod Lethal Momentum, making it much easier to hit moving targets and longer range targets.
- Prior to Update 9, there were no knives visible in the quivers.
- The trails from thrown blades are affected by your energy color.
- A "monofilament" is a fictional type of wire, consisting of a single strand of strongly bound together molecules. This theoretically creates an edge that is micron or even nanometer thin, the sharpest possible.
- Typically, they are applied as a cutting tool or a weapon that can sever nearly any object or other molecules.
- Organic molecular wires have been proposed for usage in optoelectronics.
- Similarly to the Hikou and Kunai, the Despair is a secondary thrown weapon that deals mostly Puncture damage.
- Stalker, the assassin who uses the Despair.
- Kunai, a similar weapon.
- Hikou, another thrown secondary.