Despair are a set of throwing knives with micronic edges, used by the Stalker.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage - effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- Good status chance.
- Can penetrate straight through enemies, allowing it to hit multiple enemies if lined up.
- Very fast reload speed.
- Capable of using the thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Has two polarity slots.
- Low Slash and Impact damage - less effective against health and shields.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Although listed as 100% accurate, the Despair has a slight random spread with every throw, making long range targets more difficult to hit.
- Slow fire rate.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- See Category:Despair Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Despair Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn how to lead your target. In short, leading means aiming ahead of your target so the projectile still hits him. It can be a challenge to learn it, low level Grineer are recommended for practicing.
- Despair daggers are affected by the mod Lethal Momentum, making it much easier to hit moving targets and longer range targets.
- Prior to Update 9, there were no knives visible in the quivers.
- The trails from thrown blades are affected by your energy color.
- A "monofilament" is a type of wire or edge, consisting of a single strand or side of strongly bound together molecules. This creates an edge that is micron or even nanometer thin, the sharpest possible.
- Typically, they are applied as a cutting tool or a weapon that can sever nearly any object or other molecules.
- Organic molecular wires have been proposed for usage in optoelectronics.
- Similarly to the Hikou and Kunai, the Despair is a secondary thrown weapon that deals mostly Puncture damage.
- Stalker, the assassin who uses the Despair.
- Kunai, a similar weapon.
- Hikou, another thrown secondary.