The latest Livestream was #9 and aired July 3, 2013 at 2pm EDT.
|New Pictures from the latest Livestream|
|New Ancient Infested||New Double-barreld Grineer Shotgun||New Lobby Screen|
|New Frost Helmet||New Rhino Helmet||New Saryn Helmet|
|New Story Line Icon||New Solar system Screen||Hard mode icons Preview|
- New sentinel stats will eventually be added to the heads up display.
- New solar system will come, but later...
- Don't cheat! 80 people caught in 4 hours! Even grand masters will be banned!
- Weapons are added as they come in by content team. Bugs and other fixes are a different team. So if you think there are too many as a result of DE not having good priorities, think again.
- Dojo/clan will get balanced for different sizes. They will be "tiered."
- "Broframe" is over 7000 members large!
- 4% of clans are 1 person...
- New shotgun upcoming.
- Warframe buffs upcoming.
- Difficulty mode changer will be coming up!
- New event this weekend with new enemy!
- Update 9 some time in the next few weeks.... maybe.
- Might include new Antimatter Warframe.
- 24 hour alert going on after LS
- Alert RNG has been remade and will be released on the 4th or 5th.
Text Recap by Volt_Cruelerz
- Introductions: animators Lucy, Scott J, and Jay introduce themselves
- Hardest thing to animate is agreed to be motion sets
- New Ancient charge animation is terrifying
- Originally the MOA stomp animation was just a normal speed stomp changed for mechanics reasons and the Infested walk animation was sped up for similar reasons
- Animators love The Incredibles and Iron Giant
- Animators think swimming would be cool, but no current plans for it
- No dancing, but other emotes will likely be coming, especially for dojos
- There are plans to break up the animation sets into sub-sets such as male/female or light/medium/heavy
- New Idle animations are coming that will be unique to each frame
- Kogake based on kick-boxing of a police trainer
- Most humanoid animations are based on motion capture, though combat sequences in the trailer are not
- Combat animation draws from no specific martial art, but rather draws from all in general and things done in other games and movies
- Ash is getting wrist-blades for use in Bladestorm
- Captain Vor's redesign is almost done
- A small pass will be made on Jackal
- Sargus Ruk will be getting a redesign after those and his new style will have something to do with the blueprints he drops (Ember BP's)
- Geoff desires to make charged melee attacks not always have the same animation
- Kogake kill winners will be announced tonight/tomorrow
- Animators don't have to spend a whole lot of time talking with modelers because the modelers know what they're doing
- Mynki is awesome at his job
- Machete is getting a new animation that's more hack-and-slash-y
- They get a lot of input from the forums
- Skana animations may be brought up to the current standards of the game
- Dangly-bits may be coming in after U9
- Volt and Trinity may have their tails modified or something (someone walked into the room and wouldn't stop talking to me at this point in the stream, so I couldn't hear very well)
- Sound guys aren't really involved until after animations are done
- New enemy idles are coming which will go along with stealth and enemies will display more variable alertness better
- Custom reloads are going to happen; sounds like the prime weapons that already exist may get this first
- Zero gravity might happen at some point when you break windows
- Possibly crawling and more interactivity with environments
- Saryn, Rhino, and Frost second gen alt helms shown off
- Melee vs Charged Melee is getting looked at; sounds like the solution may be a buff to Pressure Point
- More planets will come
- Antihack stuff keeps getting better and they're amused when hackers complain so don't hack the game or expect to be banned
- They acknowledge there is a surplus of melee weapons; it's done by different people so it's not a priority problem
- 4% of clans are made up of individuals
- New double-barrelled Grineer shotty coming
- New Alert system should start tomorrow or Friday; won't notice anything immediately, but over time you should see things being better so no more potato famines
- Lots of work on Mag, Rhino, and Volt
- Once you unlock a mission, there'll be a random periodic chance for it to be a "nightmare" mode where it'll be incredibly more powerful; not endgame, but it should provide variability from endless defense; will include things like punishment for failing hacks, increased damage, and randomized restrictions like "melee only" or your health slowly drains and you have to kill to regen health; comes with better rewards
- Sentinel health/status will eventually be on the HUD
- The current UI is getting overhauled
- New UI prototype shown off (very very pretty)
- You can now look from one planet to the next by click+drag; looks very cool; just watch it at 1:11:00. It's hard to explain.
- Scott is very very very very busy with U9
- The AM frame should be in U9
- In a few weeks probably
- Steam trading cards are a WIP
- Credit valued vanity items may come
- Event this weekend for 5 PM tonight with a new enemy and return of the Snipetron