The Dex Dakra is a unique dual-sword melee weapon released in celebration of WARFRAME's 2nd Anniversary. It is made available to players during Warframe's yearly anniversary.
As an anniversary weapon, the Dex Dakra comes with its own weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High base damage.
- Very high slide damage.
- High Status Chance.
- Has a polarity.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Swirling Tiger stance.
- Slow attack speed.
- Slam attack does not knockdown enemies.
- See Category:Dex Dakra Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Dex Dakra Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Dex Dakra's slam attack does not knockdown enemies, it instead deals Impact proc on affected enemies, stunning them briefly. There also seems to be a chance of a Blast proc instead of an Impact proc.
- The Dex Dakra is currently the only dual melee weapon besides the Twin Krohkur that consists of two swords unlike the traditional one blade one knife dual wield.
- In multiplayer, when you have the Swirling Tiger stance equipped, continuous melee attacks with the Dex Dakra while holding the forward movement key (Default: W) can sometimes cause you to go backwards. Releasing W while attacking can fix this. - Tested between updates 20.0.2 (24/03/2017) and 20.1.0 (05/04/2017)
- The Dex Dakra is the second Dex weapon released, after the Dex Furis.
- Dex Dakra is also the first Dex melee.
- While related to the Dakra Prime due to its similar name and design as a saber, the Dex Dakra is a Dual Sword instead of being a single Sword weapon.
- When performing a ground slam, the Dex Dakra features a unique animation where energy ribbons emanate from the Warframe, along with a visible shock-wave being emitted from the weapon.
- Unlike most other Dual Swords which have a smaller sword in the right hand in a similar fashion to a Wakizashi/Tanto combination, the Dex Dakra are two swords of the same length.
- This causes an animation bug where the horizontally-sheathed sword clips through the Warframe's left arm whenever the Warframe walks unarmed (such as on board the Liset or in a Dojo).
- For a short period of time following its release, the Dex Dakra had no Stance polarity before it was fixed in an undocumented hotfix.
- The Dex Dakra was first given to all players who logged in from March 25, 2015, to April 1, 2015. They were re-released from March 22, 2016 to March 29, 2016 alongside the Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris. Another re-release of the Dex Dakra, Dex Sybaris and Dex Furis occurred during March 24, 2017 to March 27, 2017.
Dex Dakra Skins
- Dakra Prime, the single sword prime variant.
- Dex Furis, the first Dex weapon.
- Dex Sybaris, the third Dex weapon.