Paralyze nearby hostiles with a damaging electric charge, this also shocks approaching enemies.
|Strength:300 / 350 / 400 / 450 (damage)|
1000 / 2000 / 3000 / 4000 (health cap)
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s (effect duration)|
3 / 3 / 4 / 4 s (power duration)
|Range:12 / 15 / 18 / 20 m (power range)|
4 m (ability radius)
- Volt emits a powerful electric pulse, any enemies that are hit with the initial pulse or that enter the pulse's area in first 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 seconds after the cast will become stunned and emit arcs of electricity like Tesla Coils, shocking hostiles who come within 4 meters.
- Tesla Coil-ed enemies will remain undamaged by Discharge for the first 4 seconds, then begin to damage themselves for 150 / 175 / 200 / 225 Electricity damage per tick for the remaining Effect Duration or until the 1000 / 2000 / 3000 / 4000 damage cap is met. Electricity damage ticks twice every second/once every .5 seconds.
- Discharge damage and Health are affected by Power Strength.
- Enemies can still receive damage from outside sources during the initial 4 seconds of Discharge.
- Note that while damage from most sources (shooting, melee-ing, abilities, etc.) does not contribute to the Health cap, damage from nearby enemies also under the Tesla effect will. That is, enemies are more likely to reach the Health cap if they are being shocked by other nearby targets effected by Discharge.
- Loot crates can also undergo the Tesla effect, but can only be charged once.
- The 4 second delay of damage is not affected by Power Duration mods.
- Volt's Passive does contribute to Discharge's total damage output. A rank-3 Discharge with max ranked Intensify and fully charged passive will deal a total of (450 × 1.3) × 7.5 + 1000 = 5387.5 damage as opposed to a total of 4387.5 damage without the passive.
- The initial pulse of Discharge has a radius of 12 / 15 / 18 / 20 meters.
- Arcs are not obstructed by the environment.
- Effect Duration is affected by Power Duration, while Power Duration is not.
- Power Range and Ability Radius are affected by Power Range.
- Ability damage is not restricted within the Power Range. Ability Range is measured from each enemy, making it possible to damage enemies beyond the initial Power Range.
- Casting Shock on a Tesla Coil-ed target will result in an overcharge, creating an AoE burst emitted from the target.
- Can be used while sliding and clinging to a wall, but cannot be cast while in mid-air (e.g. jumping or executing a front flip).
- Has a cast time of ~1 second, during which Volt is vulnerable to damage and energy drains, but immune to knockdowns and stuns.
- Cannot be recast within the first 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 seconds of a previous cast, and recasting after said duration will not refresh the effect on already affected enemies.
- Main article: Capacitance
- Building for Power Strength and Power Duration is the best way to get the most out of Discharge against all enemy types while also complementing Volt's other 3 abilities.
- Against unarmored targets, Discharge will deal damage equal to the value of the Health Cap in time less than or equal to 3.33s / 5.71s / 7.5s / 8.89s regardless of Power Durations above 107%-108%, so building Power Strength as high as possible with at least said amount of Power Duration is important when dealing with high level, unarmored enemies.
- Against armored targets, Discharge's stunlock will often last the entire Effect Duration due to the amount of damage dealt by Discharge being reduced by armor mitigation, so enemies will likely never reach the damage cap. Modding Power Duration as high as you can is important when dealing with high level, armored enemies.
- Casting Discharge when targets are in a close proximity to one another will ensure that enemies take more damage during the 4 second delay. However, this damage will contribute towards the damage Health Cap, making it more likely enemies will be freed from the stunlock sooner.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration Increases Effect Duration to 35.04 seconds.
- Reduces the Power Range to 6.8 m and Ability Radius to 1.36 m.
- Reduces Shields by 5%.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces Effect Duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases the Power Range to 50 m and Ability Radius to 10 m.
- Reduces the Damage to 180 and Health to 1600.
- Maximized Power Strength increases the Damage to 1390.5 and Health to 12360.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Decreases Effect Duration to 8.7 seconds.
- Decreases the duration of Aim Glide and Wall Latch by 5%.