Paralyze nearby hostiles with a damaging electric charge, this also shocks approaching enemies.
|Strength:500 / 750 / 1000 / 1200|
|Duration:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 s (Effect Duration)|
|Range:12 / 15 / 18 / 20 m (Ability Range)|
4 / 4 / 6 / 8 m (Tesla Radius)
|Misc:3 / 3 / 4 / 4 s (Ability Duration)|
- Volt emits a powerful electric pulse, any enemies that are hit with the initial pulse or that enter the pulse's area in first 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 seconds after the cast will become stunned and emit arcs of electricity like Tesla Coils, shocking hostiles who come within 4 / 4 / 6 / 8 meters.
- Tesla Coil-ed enemies will remain undamaged by Discharge for the first 4.5 seconds, then begin to damage themselves for 250 / 375 / 500 / 600 Electricity damage per tick for the remaining Effect Duration. Electricity damage ticks twice every second.
- Enemies can still receive damage from outside sources during the initial 4.5 seconds of Discharge (e.g. Tesla damage from other near by enemies).
- Loot crates can also undergo the Tesla effect, but can only be charged once.
- Volt's Passive does affect Discharge, but the bonus damage is not simply added onto the ability's total damage output. Instead, the current bonus damage value is divided by the damage per tick value, rounded down to the nearest whole number, then multiplied by 0.5s. This new value is then subtracted from the 4.5s undamaged phase of Disharge, meaning Discharge will begin damaging the target sooner.
- For example, a rank 3 Discharge with a max rank Intensify and 1,000 bonus damage from Volt's passive will deal: 1,200 × 1.3 × (6s - (4.5s - 0.5s × floor[1000/(600 × 1.3)])) = 3,120 total damage.
- Discharge damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- The 3 / 4 / 5 / 6s Effect Duration is affected by Ability Duration, while the 3 / 3 / 4 / 4s Ability Duration is not.
- The 4.5 second delay of damage is not affected by Ability Duration mods.
- The initial pulse of Discharge has a radius of 12 / 15 / 18 / 20 meters.
- Arcs are not obstructed by the environment.
- Ability Range and Tesla Radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Ability damage is not restricted within the Ability Range. Ability Range is measured from each enemy, making it possible to damage enemies beyond the initial Ability Range.
- Casting Shock on a Tesla Coil-ed target will result in an overcharge, creating an AoE burst emitted from the target.
- Can be used while sliding, wall clinging, and in mid-air (e.g. jumping or executing a front flip).
- Has a cast time of ~1 second, during which Volt is vulnerable to damage and energy drains, but immune to knockdowns and stuns.
- Cannot be recast within the first 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 seconds of a previous cast, and recasting after said duration will not refresh the effect on already affected enemies.
- Main article: Capacitance
- Casting Discharge when targets are in a close proximity to one another will ensure that enemies take more damage during the 4.5 second delay.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 18.36 seconds.
- Reduces Ability Range to 6.8 meters and Tesla Radius to 2.72 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 2.4 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases Ability Range to 56 meters and Tesla Radius to 22.4 meters.
- Reduces damage to 240 per tick.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 2238 per tick.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 1938 per tick.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.35 seconds.