Stated as being very powerful, they also have negative side effects while they are equipped.
Blueprints can be obtained through the Clan Dojo's Orokin Lab research.
|Time: 1 m|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 500|
|Orokin Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 1 hr|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
You can only take along one key at a time, along with each member of your squad. Once a key is used to open the vault, Lotus will state the artifact is impairing your Warframe, and the key's debuff will remain, even if you have no more left in your possession. Be sure to remove the key from your gear when playing normal missions, as the key will apply the debuff as long as you have it equipped.
Keys are only consumed when used to open a vault, and will remain in your possession until you do so. Picking up the Orokin artifact will add another Dragon Key penalty to the player's Warframe, even if it is the same one. If another player other than the one who opened the Orokin vault takes the artifact, then they will suffer two penalties. Dragon Key penalties can be stacked on one Warframe, so for example, a player could have the effects of two Hobbled Keys which will reduce the speed of Warframe to 25% of what it normally would be.
- A four-person squad is ideal for speed-running the Orokin Vaults. Each player can carry a different Dragon Key, ensuring at least one player will always have the appropriate key to access Orokin Vaults.
- The easiest way to obtain Corrupted Mods is to craft Orokin Derelict Exterminate Keys as these missions generally have fewer rooms, thus making vaults easier to find. Alternatively, Orokin Derelict Capture Keys can be used to ensure a speedy mission completion, as most of your time will be spent looking for the vault as opposed to killing vast amounts of enemies.
Dealing with penaltiesEdit
- Volt can temporarily add speed bonuses to teammates to counter Hobbled Dragon Key penalties.
- Since Inaros and Nidus have no shields, it is best to equip them with a Decaying Dragon Key. Rhino's Iron Skin likewise avoids shield damage.
- A Mag relying on Shield HP mods could hold a Bleeding key and minimally affect their health.
- Holding an Extinguished Dragon Key will greatly increase Codex scanning time even with the Synthesis Scanner's Cross-matrix widget.
- The damage penalty from the Extinguished Dragon Key does not reduce the damage done by Concealed Explosives or Thunderbolt, as they do bonus flat damage.
- In a pinch, Rhino, Valkyr, or Mirage with Augments can increase damage dealt to enemies.