|Please do not use the above video for critical in-game information!|
It may contain old video footage as well as outdated or incorrect information.
The Dual Toxocyst is a pair of Infested sidearms oriented towards Puncture damage. Successfully achieving a headshot with this weapon temporarily grants it increased fire rate, additional Toxin damage, reduced recoil and unlimited ammo. The buff also refreshes with subsequent headshots. However, its initial recoil is very high and initial fire rate is very slow.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High base damage.
- Second highest status chance of all secondary weapons, slightly above the Pox and Vaykor Marelok and only surpassed by the Tysis.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Landing a successful headshot grants the "Frenzy" buff, increasing fire rate, unlimited ammo, recoil reduction, and applies Toxin damage. Buff lasts 3 seconds and can be refreshed on subsequent headshots.
- Comes with a and polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage - less effective against shields and health.
- Very low critical chance.
- Very low base fire rate.
- Low ammo capacity.
- High recoil without the innate buff active.
- Upon headshots, the Dual Toxocyst gains the "Frenzy" buff which is a 150% increase in fire rate, a significant reduction in recoil, and doesn't consume ammo while firing for 3 seconds. It also gains a bonus 100% of its base damage as Toxin damage for the duration of the buff.
- "Upon headshots" specifically means headshots, and not other weakspots, such as the backpacks of most MOA variants. Similarly, shooting weakspots generated by either Sonar or Detect Vulnerability in places other than heads will have no effect either.
- Headshots on corpses will not grant the buff.
- The fire rate bonus stacks multiplicatively with any fire rate mods equipped.
- The bonus Toxin damage can combine with other elemental mods equipped on the weapon, ex. having Heated Charge or Scorch equipped will make the Dual Toxocyst deal Gas upon activating the buff.
- If the bonus is triggered or if it disappears, this weapon makes a noise that will alert nearby enemies. This noise cannot be reduced with Suppress or Hushed Invisibility.
- Triggering the buff with the last bullet of a magazine does not require the user to reload the weapon before shooting more bullets.
- The headshot buff can completely counter the weapon's low innate fire rate and max ammo capacity.
- Peacemaker is affected by the headshot buff, particularly its fire rate increase. Take note that Peacemaker itself will not activate the headshot buff.
- Use of the increased zoom module Hawk Eye can make gaining the headshot buff easier, thus significantly increasing the weapon's damage outputs and versatility.
- While under the effects of the triggered buff, the fast fire rate and unlimited ammo, combined with the low critical chance and average critical multiplier make rapid fire bodyshots more viable than aimed headshots.
- Hydraulic Crosshairs can be triggered at the same time as the buff, though the low base critical chance makes this mod of limited utility.
- Installing Steady Hands completely negates recoil while buff is active.
- The Dual Toxocyst is the first infested dual pistol added to the game.
- Triggering the innate headshot buff or reloading the weapon will cause the Dual Toxocyst's barrel to open up like jaws, connected by infested tissue between its upper and lower parts.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|