Chroma turns his pelt into a massive sentry that strengthens nearby allies and engulfs enemies in elemental attacks.
Energy Drain: 10 s-1
|Strength:100 / 200 / 300 / 400 (damage/tick)|
500 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 (damage/second)
1000 / 2000 / 4000 / 8000 (health)
|Misc:20 m (attack range)|
30 m (stun radius)
5 m (knockback radius)
20% (speed bonus)
- Chroma sheds his outer pelt, imbuing it with elemental energy to sprout wings and converting it into a stationary floating sentry with 1000 / 2000 / 4000 / 8000 health. The sentry will attack all enemies within 20 meters with a continuous stream of elemental energy, dealing 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 Heat, Electric, Toxin, or Cold damage per tick. The sentry is capable of unleashing a radial attack that inflicts 200 Heat, Electric, Toxin, or Cold damage to enemies within 5 meters. The sentry can also unleash a radial roar to temporarily stun enemies within 30 meters.
- Sentry health and continuous damage are affected by Ability Strength, while the radial attack damage is not.
- Effigy's elemental breath attack does 5 ticks of damage within 1 second making the base damage per second 2000.
- Damage type is based on Chroma's current elemental alignment, determined by Chroma's energy color.
- Enemies affected by the close-range radial attack are ragdolled.
- Sentry attack range, stun radius, and knockback radius are not affected by Ability Range.
- Enemies killed by the sentry have a 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% chance to yield 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% additional credits.
- Technically increases credits income by 3.75% / 15% / 33.75% / 60% while the Sentry is active.
- Credit chance and credit bonus are not affected by Ability Strength.
- While Effigy is active, Chroma can fight in his lightened form, gaining 20% movement speed but with a 50% armor reduction.
- Speed bonus and armor reduction are not affected by Ability Strength.
- The armor reduction is a multiplicative penalty that's applied to Chroma's total armor (e.g., with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, Chroma with Vex Armor at full capacity will have his armor lowered to 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.3 × 0.5 = 1672.125 when Effigy is activated).
- Effigy drains 10 energy per second while active, and will deactivate if Chroma runs out of energy, sentry health is depleted, or if manually deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the channeling energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Chroma cannot gain energy from Team Energy Restores or Energy Siphon for the duration of the ability. However, Chroma can still replenish energy using Energy Orbs, Rage, Energy Vampire, and while in the Rift Plane due to Limbo's ability.
- Chroma is also immune to Eximus Energy Drains while Effigy is being channeled.
- When deactivated, Chroma can teleport his pelt from anywhere onto himself. This will stop movement and interrupt any action Chroma is doing, such as reloading, leaving a player vulnerable.
- When deactivated while sliding, Chroma's pelt will be reapplied to him without triggering the animation, even if the player immediately cancels his slide.
- Effigy cannot be activated while in the air, but can be deactivated at any time.
- Both the initial cast and the return of Chroma's pelt will cease any actions as they are a two-handed ability.
- The Sentry increases all picked up Credits by 100%, the range is 10m and is not affected by range mods.
- Main article: Guided Effigy
|Rank||Damage per Second||Cost|
- The sentry usually unleashes its roar a few seconds after deploying. This allows you to quickly deploy the sentry for a temporary stun to all nearby enemies.
- The pelt can be Banished, preventing damage from non-banished enemies while still being able to damage all enemies normally.
- The pelt gains shields from the Shield Osprey Eximus Specter.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration reduces channeling cost to 3.55 energy per second.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 12.5 energy and channeling cost to 2.5 energy per second.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces damage to 160 per tick and health to 3200.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 1492 per tick and health to 29840.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 1292 per tick and health to 25840.
- Increases activation cost to 77.5 energy and channeling cost to 17.5 energy per second.