Volt deploys an obstacle of energy, providing cover in any situation.
Energy Drain: 5.0 s-1
|Strength:50% Electricity Damage Bonus|
200% Critical Damage Bonus
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Range:6 m x 4.25 m Static Shield|
2 m x 3 m Current Shield
- Shots fired through Electric Shield by Volt and his allies will gain 50% Electricity damage, and critical damage will be multiplied by 200%.
- Damage bonuses are not affected by Power Strength.
- The Electricity damage bonus is an additive bonus that's applied to the weapon's base damage, similar to an elemental mod. For an unmodified weapon that inflicts 100 base damage, firing through a shield will increase the total damage to 100 × (1 + 0.5) = 150. The weapon now inflicts 100 base damage and 50 Electricity damage.
- The Electricity damage bonus combines with other elemental types to create compound elements on weapons that have an elemental base damage type, but this does not apply to weapons with a physical base damage type or any continuous-trigger weapons.
- Firing through multiple Shields will cause the Electricity damage bonus to stack additively (e.g., firing through 3 shields will grant a 150% Electricity damage bonus). The critical damage bonus does not stack with additional shields.
- "Static" refers to static electricity, a stationary electrical charge where there is no flow of electrons.
- Volt creates an energy barrier 4.25 meters high and 6 meters wide that absorbs enemy fire. The shield lasts for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- As a Static Shield will be centered near the HUD's target reticle when cast, the reticle will determine the shield's orientation as it spawns.
- The Static Shield can only be cast a maximum of 6 times, casting after the maximum will remove the earliest Static Shield and create a new one where cast.
- A Static Shield cannot be cast while a Current Shield is equipped.
- "Current" refers to an electrical current, which is the flow or movement of electrons.
- Volt has the ability to pickup one of his Static Shields through a context action. Doing so will cause the shield to decrease in size (2.0 m × 3.0 m) and become mobile. Activating the context action again will revert the Current Shield back into a Static Shield.
- The position and movement of the Current Shield will be fixed to the target reticle, meaning the Shield will move with the camera while being within 1.5 meters of Volt.
- When the Current Shield is equipped Volt will be limited to the use of only his secondary and melee weapons as well as have his speed and mobility reduced.
- Enemies hit by the Current Shield while Volt is sprinting will be ragdoll-ed.
- Volt will be drained 1 energy for every 1 meter he travels with the Current Shield equipped, on top of the 5.0 s-1 energy drain rate.
- Note that though the Current Shield has two drain rates it will still disappear when the 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 second time limit is reached.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- The channeling energy cost is affected by Power Duration and Power Efficiency.
- Distance Per Energy is affected by Power Efficiency through the equation DPE ÷ (2 − PowerEfficiency).
- Height and width are not affected by Power Range.
- Only one Current Shield can be equipped at a time.
- Casting Shock through an Electric Shield will electrify it, inflicting 100% of Shock's damage to enemies that pass through it (e.g., Electric Shield will deal 260 damage if Shock's modified damage is 260).
- The bonus damage from Volt's passive will also be stacked onto the damage from Shock (e.g., Electric Shield will deal 810 damage if Shock's modified damage is 260 and the Passive bonus is 550 at the time Shock is cast).
- The 50% Electricity damage buff can apply to Mesa's Regulator pistols as well.
- Casting Ember's Fireball through an Electric Shield will change its damage type and proc to Radiation.
- Electric Shield affects certain weapons differently
- All primary and secondary weapons will gain Electricity damage and amplified critical damage. Thrown melee weapons, such as the Glaive, are not affected by Electric Shield.
- Weapons that have additional sources of damage, such as the Quanta, will have their additional sources affected by Electric Shield so long as the damage can be modified. For example, firing a Torid grenade through a Shield will affect the projectile damage and the area damage. Firing a Mutalist Quanta orb through a Shield will not affect the orb's contact damage (which cannot be modified on the weapon), but it will affect the orb's explosion damage.
- Until Hotfix 17.4.2, hitscan weapons and Held-trigger weapons with limited range, would be given a fixed range of 70 meters when fired through an Electric Shield. Note: the Amprex or the Synapse do not gain the fixed range modifier.
- Held-trigger weapons will gain hitscan properties (e.g., the Spectra's beam, which has a noticeable travel time, will damage enemies instantaneously after passing through a Shield).
- While most hostile gunfire and AoE damage is blocked by Electric Shield, weapons with innate Punch Through, such as a Scorch's Ignis, can bypass Electric Shield and damage you.
- Multiple instances of the Static Shield can provide a 360 degree wall of protection, or can be used once if backing up into a tight space, blocking enemy fire from all angles.
- Note that this kind of shield does not protect its users from above and below attacks. However, as the Static Shield is centered at your reticle, you can place them above and below you to fix this.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 73 seconds and reduces channeling cost to ~1.712 energy per second.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces activation cost to 12.5 energy, channeling cost to 1.25 energy per second and increases distance per energy to 4 m.
- Reduces duration to 10 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range has no positive effect on this ability.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Strength has no positive effect on this ability.
- Increases activation cost to 77.5 energy and channeling cost to 8.75 energy per second.
- Reduces distance per energy to ~0.645 m.
- Reduces duration to 18.125 seconds.