The Embolist fires a toxic cone of poison, hitting multiple enemies in front of the stream and having a high chance to proc Toxin.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Innate Toxin damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Flesh and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Second highest status chance of all secondaries, behind Tysis, and highest status chance of all continuous secondaries.
- High reload speed.
- Sprays in a frontal area of effect, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Has one polarity.
- Can use the Embolist-exclusive Eroding Blight mod.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 9 meters.
- See Category:Embolist Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Embolist Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The projectile creates a toxin cloud on whatever surface it hits, this is purely cosmetic and does no additional damage, staying for less than a second.
- Vortex and Larva are the most effective ways to use the Embolist to get rid of enemies, as the abilities set it up to hit the entire group at once, as long as added Punch Throughis added.
- Be sure to convert the Toxin damage to another type when fighting Infested or Robotics as the damage will be reduced on these enemies.
- As the Embolist is primarily a close range weapon that benefits from area of effect, Magnum Force can be beneficial in increasing both its damage and its spread.
- The Embolist is a weapon designed to take down crowds of enemies, and becomes more effective the more enemies it hits in its area of effect. The Embolist only begins to outmatch other secondaries when this is considered.
- Ruinous Extension will increase the range of the weapon by almost double (from a max range of 9m to 17m)
- An embolism refers to the lodging of an embolus, such as a blood clot or gas bubble. It can cause a circulatory blockage which affects a different part of the body away from the actual site of the blockage.
- The visual effect of the Embolist resembles the special attack of the Nauseous Crawler, indicating that this weapon may be a part of said Infested or derived from it. However, apart from the similar attack appearance there are no shared properties.
- The 'tail' on this weapon moves.
- Interestingly, the weapon's reload animation seems to involve pulling (or possibly twisting) the weapon's tail.
- When given to a Rescue target, the cloud released when fired will be the Embolists default energy color, as opposed to the customized one shown on the weapon itself.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|