“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item is no longer available for purchase.
The Eros Arrow Skin is a special Valentine's Day weapon cosmetic, which replaces the standard arrows of an equipped bow weapon with heart-shaped arrowheads. Unlike other weapon cosmetics, this is a consumable item that only lasts for the duration of the mission.
Once activated, the arrows change appearance, whether in the quiver, nocked in the bow, or in flight. They also leave a visible trail of hearts, which are especially noticeable in flight, though the effect will persist if the arrow embeds itself into an object.
This Valentine's Day-themed skin was released during The Heart Of The Lotus update (Update 15.14.1) for a limited time only but did not release to console platforms.
The Eros Arrow Skin can only be acquired during the week of Valentine's Day.
How To UseEdit
- Eros Arrow Skins can be purchased in the Market for 5,000 each.
- Equip the skin in the Gear menu.
- Once in a mission, open the Gear popup (default ) and select the Eros Skin.
- Only one skin is consumed per mission.
- Can be used on the Attica and Zhuge, although only the heart-shaped projectile trails are visible.
- The color of the projectile trail is affected by the weapon's energy color.
- The Eros Arrow Skin returns on Valentine's Day, as with other holiday content.
- Affects Ivara's Artemis Bow if used while Artemis Bow is active. Using Eros Arrows before casting Artemis Bow will not affect it, and the Eros Arrows are removed once Artemis Bow is deactivated.
- The skin's design is a reference to Cupid, the roman god of Love, who is often depicted using a bow and arrows with heart-shaped arrowheads. His Greek equivalent is Eros, for which this skin is named.
- Eros is also one of the four words in Ancient Greek which can be rendered into English as “love”. Eros refers to “intimate love” or romantic love.
- Between Update 18.7 and Hotfix 18.7.1, this skin instead replaced both the arrow and quiver with a single Skana, which disappeared after a short period of time. Switching to or from the affected bow would cause the Skana to shoot outwards, and was capable of damaging both enemies and allies alike.