Summon a sword of pure light and immense power.
Energy Drain: 2.5 s-1
|Strength:100 / 125 / 200 / 250 (damage)|
|Duration:6 s (blind duration)|
|Range:5 m (blind radius)|
- Excalibur draws an ethereal Skana and wields it as his melee weapon. Normal attacks inflict 100 / 125 / 200 / 250 damage within 2 meters.
- Damage is distributed between 15% Impact, 15% Puncture, and 70% Slash.
- Wall attacks inflict 400 / 500 / 800 / 1000 damage.
- Slide attacks inflict 214 / 267.5 / 428 / 536 damage and blind enemies within 5 meters over a duration of 6 seconds at the cost of 25 energy.
- Aerial attacks and slam attacks inflict 200 / 250 / 400 / 500 damage, and slam attacks inflict an additional 50 Impact damage within 5 meters.
- Normal, slide, and aerial attacks will emit an energy wave in the direction of aim. Energy waves have the same base damage as the attacks that release them and fly at a constant speed of 15 m/s until they dissipate at a maximum distance of 40 meters.
- Energy waves will Punch Through and hit enemies and terrain regardless of thickness up to their maximum range.
- Wave range is not affected by mods.
- Wave damage falls off with distance. Damage fall off is not affected by mods.
- Enemies hit by the waves will suffer a stagger.
- Attacks and energy waves have a 200% critical damage multiplier with a 15% critical chance and a 10% status chance.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength, the Melee Combo Counter and most mods.
- Being a Sword, Exalted Blade will always gain the bonuses of Excalibur's passive, Swordsmanship.
- As an example, with a maxed Pressure Point, Shocking Touch and Intensify, the normal attacks and corresponding energy waves of a rank-3 Exalted Blade will result in
Base Damage × (1 + Swordsmanship + Damage Mods) × (1 + Elemental Mods) × (1 + Strength Mods) = 250 × (1 + 0.3) × (1 + 0.1 + 1.2) × (1 + 0.9) = 1420.25 damage.
- The mods affecting Exalted Blade include:
- damage (e.g., Steel Charge)
- physical (e.g., Heavy Trauma)
- elemental (e.g., Molten Impact)
- faction (e.g., Smite Grineer)
- channeling (e.g., Life Strike)
- critical chance and damage (e.g., True Steel and Organ Shatter)
- status chance (e.g., Melee Prowess and Virulent Scourge)
- attack speed (e.g., Fury and Berserker)
- Condition Overload
- Healing Return
- Drifting Contact
- Shattering Impact
- Gladiator Mods (set bonus)
- Gladiator Mods equipped on regular melee weapons count towards the set bonus, while Gladiator Mods equipped on Exalted Blade do not.
- Each melee attack adds to the Melee Combo Counter. Energy waves and radial damage from slam attacks however do not.
- Exalted Blade is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats and innate effects, weapon augments (e.g., Justice Blades), class-specific mods (e.g., Covert Lethality), Combo Counter Mods (except Drifting Contact), Riven Mods, Acolyte Mods or stat-modifying skins (e.g., Manticore).
- Exalted Blade's combo counter decay is affected by Power Spike.
- Radial damage from slam attacks diminishes with distance, does not have a critical chance, is not affected by the Melee Combo Counter, and will cause enemies within range to suffer a knockdown.
- Ground finishers inflict 400% of the total modified damage from normal attacks. Prompted Finishers inflict 3200% of the total modified damage from normal attacks as True damage.
- Exalted Blade consumes 2.5 energy per second while active and will remain active until Excalibur's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Activation energy cost and built-in Radial Blind cost are affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Excalibur cannot replenish energy using Trinity's Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Team Energy Restores, Energy Siphon or Zenurik's Energizing Dash while Exalted Blade is active.
- Exalted Blade's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Energy can be replenished by Energy Orbs, Arcane Energize, Rage, and/or Hunter Adrenaline while the ability is active.
- Excalibur will auto-block any frontal attacks while Exalted Blade is active. Exalted Blade will also continue to block 60% of the frontal damage even while attacking or performing other actions.
- Excalibur is unable to use any other weapon or equipped gear (e.g. Scanners, Fishing Spears) while Exalted Blade is active but can use all other abilities.
- Exalted Blade is affected by and can trigger Warframe Arcanes.
- While active, Exalted Blade will use an exclusive stance with its own set of combo attacks.
- Slash Dash will receive bonus damage from Excalibur's Swordsmanship passive and each hit will release an energy wave when Exalted Blade is active.
- Attacks can damage enemies across the Rift Plane.
- Can be cast while moving or sprinting without interruption.
- Main article: Exalted Blade (Stance)
Exalted Blade is a unique Stance that can only be acquired and used by activating Excalibur's fourth ability, Exalted Blade. This Stance overrides the Stance on any currently equipped melee weapon for as long as Exalted Blade remains active.
- Main article: Exalted Blade (Weapon)
- Main article: Chromatic Blade
Chromatic Blade is a Warframe Augment Mod for Excalibur that increases Exalted Blade's Status Chance while changing its damage from Physical Damage to a certain primary Elemental Damage type depending on Excalibur's chosen energy color.
- Due to Exalted Blade's waves being able to unlimitedly punch through up to its maximum range, Exalted Blade is well suited to taking out hordes of enemies, especially if they are huddled together.
- It's preferable to use Steel Charge over Growing Power when modding for pure damage as the former adds more damage to Exalted Blade than the latter.
- Exalted Blade can be used to deal with enemies while in cover without having to have Punch Through mods equipped.
- The innate slide attack blind provides a cheaper alternative to Radial Blind, albeit with greatly reduced duration and range.
- Allows players to blind enemies and quickly deal with them without being delayed by stealth finisher animations.
- Combined with Mag's Magnetize, the sword waves can be redirected to hit the enemies inside multiple times until its maximum range can be reached.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases blind duration to 18.36 seconds and reduces channeling cost to 0.89 energy per second.
- Reduces blind range to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 6.25 energy and channeling cost to 0.63 energy per second.
- Reduces blind duration to 2.4 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases blind range to 14 meters.
- Reduces damage to 100.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 932.5.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 807.5.
- Increases activation cost to 38.75 energy and channeling cost to 4.38 energy per second.
- Reduces blind duration to 4.35 seconds.
- Using this ability during an "Unarmed" bug will result Exalted Blade having the same stats as your Melee Weapon, and sometimes will perform your Melee Weapon's Unsheathed attacks without the Waves.
- Energy Leech Eximus does not increase the energy drain of Exalted Blade while active.
- If Excalibur enters Bleedout state while Exalted Blade is active, Excalibur will use his melee and sometimes primary weapon rather than his secondary.
- Equipping Reflex Guard can make Excalibur sporadically not take damage if Exalted Blade auto-blocks damage.