Summon a sword of pure light and immense power.
Energy Drain: 2.5 s-1
|Strength:100 / 125 / 200 / 250|
|Duration:6 s (blind duration)|
|Range:5 m (blind radius)|
- Excalibur draws an ethereal Skana and wields it as his melee weapon. Normal attacks inflict 100 / 125 / 200 / 250 base damage within 2 meters, and wall attacks inflict 400 / 500 / 800 / 1000 base damage. Slide attacks inflict 214 / 267.5 / 428 / 535 base damage and blind enemies within 5 meters over a duration of 6 seconds. Aerial attacks and slam attacks inflict 200 / 250 / 400 / 500 base damage, and slam attacks inflict an additional 50 Impact damage within 5 meters. Normal, slide, and aerial attacks will also emit an energy wave in the direction of aim. Energy waves have the same base damage as the attacks that release them and propagate through the environment at a speed of 15 meters per second until they dissipate at a maximum distance of 40 meters. Attacks and energy waves have a 200% critical damage multiplier with a 15% critical chance and a 10% status chance.
- Base damage is distributed evenly between Impact, Puncture, and Slash.
- Base damage is affected by Ability Strength, the Melee Combo Counter, and the 10% additive damage bonus from Excalibur's passive.
- Exalted Blade is also affected by equipped melee mods including:
- Base damage (e.g., Pressure Point), elemental damage, physical damage, faction damage, channeling (e.g., Life Strike), critical damage, critical chance, status chance and attack speed mods.
- Exalted Blade's base damage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Modified Base Damage = Base Damage × (1.1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Ability Strength). As an example, with a maxed Steel Charge, Pressure Point, and Intensify, the normal attacks and corresponding energy waves of a rank-3 Exalted Blade will have 250 × 2.9 × 1.3 = 942.5 base damage.
- Exalted Blade is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats, weapon augments (e.g., Justice Blades, Bright Purity), class-specific mods (e.g., Covert Lethality), Riven Mods, or stat-modifying skins (e.g., Manticore).
- Radial damage from slam attacks diminishes with distance, does not have a critical chance, is not affected by the Melee Combo Counter, and will cause enemies within range to suffer a knockdown.
- Energy waves will Punch Through and hit enemies and terrain regardless of thickness up to their maximum range, though their damage does fall off with distance.
- Damage fall off is not affected by mods.
- The waves fly at a constant speed of ~13.33 m/s which is not affected by mods.
- Ground finishers inflict 400% of the total modified damage from normal attacks. Prompted melee finishers inflict 3200% of the total modified damage from normal attacks as Finisher damage.
- Each attack adds to the Melee Combo Counter; however, energy waves and radial damage from slam attacks do not. Energy waves can trigger mod conditions such as Berserker.
- Blind duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Blind radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Excalibur is unable to use any other weapon or equipped gear (e.g. Scanners, Fishing Spears) while Exalted Blade is active but can use all other abilities.
- Exalted Blade consumes 2.5 energy per second while active and will remain active until Excalibur's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Exalted Blade's built-in Radial Blind (triggered by performing a spin attack) drains 25 energy per use (half the cost of a normal Radial Blind).
- Activation energy cost and built-in Radial Blind cost are affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Energy Siphon is deactivated while Exalted Blade is being channeled.
- Excalibur cannot replenish energy using Trinity's Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Team Energy Restores or Zenurik's Energizing Dash while Exalted Blade is active.
- Energy can be replenished by Energy Orbs or by Rage and Hunter Adrenaline while the ability is active.
- Excalibur will auto-parry any frontal attacks while Exalted Blade is active. Exalted Blade will also continue to block 60% of the frontal damage even while attacking or performing other actions.
- While active, Exalted Blade will use an exclusive stance with its own set of combo attacks.
- While Exalted Blade is active, attacks made by Slash Dash will have increased base damage from Excalibur's passive and will also release energy waves.
- Energy waves can damage enemies across the Rift Plane. Direct melee attacks will not, however.
- Can be cast while moving or sprinting without interruption.
- Main article: Exalted Blade (Stance)
- Main article: Chromatic Blade
Chromatic Blade is a Warframe Augment Mod for Excalibur that increases Exalted Blade's Status Chance while changing its damage from Physical Damage to a certain primary Elemental Damage type depending on Excalibur's chosen energy color.
- Using Slash Dash while Exalted Blade is active will feature the waves on each hit.
- Due to Exalted Blade's waves being able to unlimitedly punch through up to its maximum range, Exalted Blade is well suited to taking out hordes of enemies, especially if they are huddled together.
- It's preferable to use Steel Charge over Growing Power when modding for pure damage as the former adds more damage to Exalted Blade than the latter.
- Exalted Blade can be used to deal with enemies while in cover without having to have Punch Through mods on your weapons.
- The innate slide attack blind provides a cheaper alternative to Radial Blind, albeit with greatly reduced duration and range.
- Allows players to blind enemies and quickly deal with them without being delayed by stealth finisher animations.
- Combined with Mag's Magnetize, the sword waves can be redirected to hit the enemies inside multiple times until its maximum range can be reached.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases blind duration to 18.36 seconds and reduces channeling cost to 0.89 energy per second.
- Reduces blind range to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 6.25 energy and channeling cost to 0.63 energy per second.
- Reduces blind duration to 2.4 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases blind range to 14 meters.
- Reduces damage to 100.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 932.5.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 807.5.
- Increases activation cost to 38.75 energy and channeling cost to 4.38 energy per second.
- Reduces blind duration to 4.35 seconds.
- Using this ability during an "Unarmed" bug will result Exalted Blade having the same stats as your Melee Weapon, and sometimes will perform your Melee Weapon's Unsheathed attacks without the Waves.
- Energy Leech Eximus does not increase the energy drain of Exalted Blade while active.
- If Excalibur enters Bleedout state while Exalted Blade is active, Excalibur will use his melee and sometimes primary weapon rather than his secondary.